• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu Hydraulic Cylinder seal ?

w38571

We have a PC220, that were resealing both boom cylinders. Komatsu Seal Kits are double the price of Hercules kits. Is the OEM worth the difference ?

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
Only get what you pay for. I'm a very firm believer in oem parts.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
If you go with the aftermarket seals let us know how long they last. Double the price means the OEM should last four times as long?

excavator

I will not use anything but OEM on excavator cylinders. Have had way to many problems with "will fit" seal kits. I did 4 cylinders on an EX300 last summer, bought OEM kits but when I went to pick the cylinders up from the hydraulic shop the guy told me that the will fit wiper seals fit tighter than the OEMs so he went ahead and put them in. Now one is leaking.