• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

komatsu d75s

jughead

Occupation
retired
trans oil level is there someone out there that can tell me how to check it? engine running or not. i paid big bucks "for me" for a manual and it does not say running or not running

jughead

Occupation
retired
surely someone has an answer.not too worried about over fill but darn sure dont wont it low. have it on some rather steep places.some over 30 degrees

Cmark

Can't comment specifically on a D75S but in general, a torque converter transmission level is checked with warm oil engine running. Nothing stamped on the dipstick?

jughead

Occupation
retired
nothing on dipstick got a buddy says i cant see for looking going to turn him loose in this high dollar manual next time he is here. if it is in it he will find it. lot of stuff in this manual doesnt make sense to this old man. japanese explanations sometimes dont make sense.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Translations can be a bit confused appearing, I have machines that read funny as to adjustment points etc that are Japanese or Chinese. Hated to say so but bought them for a good price where cannot find decent used US made at any form of reasonable price.

jughead

Occupation
retired
decided today neutral engine running going fill to full mark and drive on. transmission works fine BUT idle on the stick nothing before i move it again it will read full at idle in neutral.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
All the loaders/tracked power shift machines I have worked over the years had to be at operating temp, in neutral after shifting thru all speeds/directions. Had not worked Komatsus' but suspect are same as were Cat clones.

jughead

Occupation
retired
i think you are right. nothing on the stick running in neutral. took 4 gallon? but trans was working ok time will tell.

Joe-Loader

i think you are right. nothing on the stick running in neutral. took 4 gallon? but trans was working ok time will tell.

I had assumed on mine that it was checked cold since dip stick doesn't say. I'll check my owners manual when I get home. What model do you have? I'm having problems with mine loosing power in reverse. Mine acts like my oil level has changed. I was about a gallon low now on the dip stick it's showing high? I don't understand how that can be?

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
belive it or not even on the komatsu extranet there is no operator / maint manual for -2 or -3 only parts books.. -5 the oil level is checked with engine off after 15min
sorry could not be more help.

Joe-Loader

belive it or not even on the komatsu extranet there is no operator / maint manual for -2 or -3 only parts books.. -5 the oil level is checked with engine off after 15min
sorry could not be more help.

DK88- I'm not sure where your getting your information at, but there is a operators/maintenance manual for the Komatsu D75S-3. I know I have one. Mines for the 7001- and up serial number I got it with my machine from previous owner.

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
komatsu extranet is a komatsu website used by dealer employees for info, from service letters, parts books, manuals, new machine info / sales literature, technical help ect.
when i go to the 75-3 section all it lists is a parts book, im guessing due to age and amount of them out there they never uploaded them? i know we have books for them in our library.

Joe-Loader

komatsu extranet is a komatsu website used by dealer employees for info, from service letters, parts books, manuals, new machine info / sales literature, technical help ect.
when i go to the 75-3 section all it lists is a parts book, im guessing due to age and amount of them out there they never uploaded them? i know we have books for them in our library.

Not a big deal just wanted you to know they exist is all. The operators manual doesn't state hot or cold, so I assume it's a cold check.