• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu D61PX final drive noise

satkinson

Occupation
Earthmoving Contractor
Hi a friend of mine has asked my advice on a 2009 Komatsu D61PX dash 15 I have had one on the fleet for a while but moved it on after a couple of years as is wasnt big enough so my knowledge on these tractors is limited, it is making a very loud whine from the final drives and seems worse in reverse with no load on it but is still bad enough with load going forward, is it an expensive job to strip and rebuild the finals or is it auction time.
The oil has always been kept clean changed every 500hrs for good quality branded 30w and apart from a bit of fuzz on the bungs nothing excessive as far as sparkley peices, bearing in mind these tractors are generally only worth £25 to 30k. Thanks in advance

Vetech63

Yes it is expensive with OEM parts. I have a D39EX with the left final tore apart right now that Komatsu doesn't even have all the parts I need for it. No new final, no remaned, and maybe half of what I need to rebuild it. I am finding the parts in aftermarket but even those are expensive and not any one distributor has everything I need.

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
there isnt much in there. id pull them off and have a look.
as for vetech63 different aminal but yes parts for those little drives can be tough to get at times.