• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu d575a vs L 2350 loader (sumo match)

dominikat12

Who is the winner of these heavy weights.
The komatsu-160 ton with better traction
L 2350-260 tons with biggest wheels on earth
The loader has exactly 100 ton advantage but will it be enough to overpass the sheer power of the dozer in terms of pulling/pushing?I appreciate your oppinions pls comment.Ah and one more thing is there thick enough chain out there which can withstand such a beating?

dominikat12

My point is that loader's power is not concentrated in pulling/pushing but lifting.(unlike dozers)A guy who operated L 1850 (the model before 2350) told me that loaders got big pushing power only for a short period so they can fill the bucket fast enough.Judging from this i think that even if the loader manages to drag the dozer it will not be able to sustain this and the dozer will drag it.It is quite hard to pull a machine which has so wide tracs and big ground contact.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Both machines are prime movers which means they will move their own weigh in material. By that definition the LeTorneau would push the dozer all over town.

There are some variables such as tractive efforts. The ground pressure applied by the tire will probably be substantially more than the dozer which spreads the load out all along the length of the track frames.

The only real complicating factor has to do with the application of electric drive motors to a stall situation when starting to push against the dozer. Stall those motors for a short period of time and the safeties would kick out. Now since the dozer only weighs 160 tons, and the loader is stated to be 260 tons, one would only have to set the brakes to stop the test.

Please get it on YouTube if it ever happens.

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
That's easy. The loader would win. While the 575 is a big dozer, with tons of power, and tractive force, their transmission is quite sensitive. More than likely the dozer would grenade the transmission from the shock forces in this situation.

Meangreen

That's easy. The loader would win. While the 575 is a big dozer, with tons of power, and tractive force, their transmission is quite sensitive. More than likely the dozer would grenade the transmission from the shock forces in this situation.

If the 575 will spin the tracks under normal conditions, then there's no danger to the transmission or other components in this contest.

Flat, solid, dry ground....my moneys on the loader.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
In normal operation The loader gains its traction as it starts to fill the bucket and crowd slightly to load the front tyres.
If it can get under the dozer ( no! DONT flip it :D ) to get some load then I would agree it would shove that dozer all over the block!

Hanging on a chain ( if one strong enough can be found....... DELETE .....better have a wire rope ;) ) it would be very intresting, .........still hell of a dead weight for that dozer to pull.

My moneys on the loader! whats the latest price ?

dominikat12

Well it seems more people think the loader has advantage.One thing is sure-both machines are really close in terms of sheer power and i think that it cant be determined that easily by just hanging them with a rope.It really matters how good the operator is.

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
the loader will win simply because it is heavier than the dozer but if the dozer can get dirt in front of the blade it will win
i know from smaller dozers that its almost impossible to drag a dumptruck with a chain then the tracks cant get a grip but if you can get behind the truck and lift and push at the same time nothing can stop the dozer

alco

Loader, I watched an 854k (992 size) wheel dozer outpull a D11 a month ago, ill stick with the loader.

I was going to say something similar myself. I've seen a 992C vs. a D11N, and the loader won hands down.

Brian

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
I was going to say something similar myself. I've seen a 992C vs. a D11N, and the loader won hands down.

Brian

excactly and thats because the dozer has no traction when it has no dirt in the blade

JDOFMEMI

In a pulling or pushing match, it comes down to weight and horsepower. The matchup is not a fair one, with the loader being about 30% bigger. Now if you were to hold the match in some good wet clay, where the dozer gets full grouser penetration, and the loader tires skid on top, then it might just be even.
Hard surface of any kind, rock, asphalt, concrete, ice, the loader will push or pull the dozer all over.

HeyUvaVT

i wish you all would get video of these sumo matches you are sayin you have seen! share the wealth!