• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

komatsu d32e thoughts?

ragerider

Occupation
pipeliner!!!!
So I'm looking for a small dozer and I found a mid 90's komatsu d32e with forestry package meter shows 2600 hours which cant be correct needs cutting edge and I would rate the under carriage at 50% I got the price down to $7000 and I think that's a pretty good price. Any thoughts? also what is the recommended fluids for the trans and hydraulic fluids?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
If I remember correctly the used to be a TD7 Dresser. The 31 and 37 were Komatsu machines and the TD7 became a 32 and the TD9 became the 39. I don't remember what the TD8 became or maybe it was dropped.

Fifty percent at 2600 hours seems about right. A lot of these machines just sat around when the excavators came on scene. Does it have a Cummins engine. $7,000 is a heck of a price if you can find people to run them.

ragerider

Occupation
pipeliner!!!!
Yea it has a 3.9 Cummins I made the deal $7000 cash delivered to my house im really happy it has limb risers and a rear screen I guess this was a forestry package. Runs and works great i called the local komatsu dealer and they ran the serial number its a 98 im very happy with the price I paid but tax time in here and he needed money asap

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Congratulations on your purchase.

Good Luck