1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Komatsu D31PX-21 Ser. #51474

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by terry evans, Jan 17, 2020.

1. terry evans

terry evans New Member

Display code DD12KA Display screen goes blank and shuts movement of machine down. Need help troubleshooting problem.

2. GODSDOZER

GODSDOZER Well-Known Member

Dirt Contractor
    Are there any Komatsu guys on here or just mainly Cat? 80 views and no replies :)

3. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Lot of older gents and too few of these machines in the industry for a base of experience. We had so few problems with the small rice burners when I was working for the dealers that we never saw them again after the delivery checks were finished. You are going to need a service manual.

4. bam1968

bam1968 Senior Member

Excavating Contractor
    I'm not sure if this applies to your machine but that code on a D65EX-15 is a disconnect in the shift up switch. IIRC when I had this code come up I don't recall the screen going blank. But the problem ended up being a wire being broke in the steering handle. Actually it was just below the steering handle at it's pivot point. I would assume that code would be the same for all models of dozers but I don't know that for sure. Good Luck

5. liberian

liberian Member

as said before more than likely a broken wire under the control lever. info here..

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (30).png

6. DK88

DK88 Senior Member

Field service tech.
    lift up the boot around the f-n-r lever, open up the clear tube over the wires and odds are one off the wires got caught on the corner of the block that the lever is bolted to and ripped the wires, very, very very common. just give the wires a little pull, on ocasion the wire wont be severed but the copper core will be.

John C. likes this.