• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu BP500-3 Rock Drill

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The odd ball stuff just always seems to be around.

I'm working on this excavator modified to be a rock drill by the factory. It has a drifter and a splitter used for busting large pieces of rock. At any rate the machine functions all work. The drill, air compressor and dust collector functions are all electrically controlled and don't function. There is an extra set of controls added in the cab that are all electric and controlled by two circuit boards. I am getting power to the bottom board but it appears there is a shorted diode and a relay that isn't working. I do have a parts book that I got from a Russian contact but there are no operation or service manuals available for the machine.

I'm looking for any information on the machine and how it is supposed to operate. The Komatsu part number on the board that I am looking for is 22S-06-11653. I'll be exploring any direction you might send in.

Thanks in advance for any information.