• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu artic HM-400

ETMF 58 White

Can anyone tell me what this hydraulic component is and why it is leaking fluid fairly steady after the machine reaches operating temperature? And what it would take to rebuild this component. It is on the left side of the machine behind the front tire and forward of the strut. I think there are actually two of them hid back in there.IMG_1365.JPG.jpeg

ETMF 58 White

Forgot to post this info: machine is a HM400-1 and the serial number is something like 1069 or so. I’m going from memory on this.
The hydraulic component may be something like an accumulator or attenuator. It has a discharge hole in the bottom as if that’s a port for it to spit something out, like the air dryer on a truck has. Only it’s not spitting occasionally, it’s a pretty good fast drip or even small stream of hydraulic fluid sometimes.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I know its tight in there but you might try to follow the hoses that connect to it. Does the cab tilt on that machine?