• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu Alternator

suprant0010

Hi guys

I have a 1990 Komatsu 300 LC...I was having a problem with always having dead batteries, even after running the machine all day. So I figured I would pull the alternator off and have it tested.

It tested good, however, the job of putting it back in was delayed for some time. After being handled by several people, sadly, the alternator was misplaced. I searched everywhere for it, I'm ready to give up and try to track down a replacement.

I was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction for finding one...I don't have a part number or anything to go by. Is it a common part, that could be found on other types/brands of machines possibly?

Id like to avoid the expensive route of getting a new one from Komatsu. A used/rebuilt or even off-brand would be preferable.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

1080 bobcat

Occupation
self employed mechainc
most starter shops can get you a new one reasonble i had to replace on a 220 and the custmor didnt want to down the machine to fix it