1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Komatsu 65wx-15

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by Oliver182, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Oliver182

Oliver182 Well-Known Member

looking at a 09 Komatsu d65wx-15 dozer for sale. Main use would be farm terrace repair and building. Not a ton of hours a year. The machine looks good but has a few more hours than I would like to see(9500 hours). Current owner says he is second owner and original owner used it for similar use that I would. He claims been a good machine and no major repairs in the two years he has owned it. With that kind of hours is there anything a guy would be scared of? Engine,transmission? Would a major component like that be crazy expensive to repair/replace ? Any specific I should look at other than the normal stuff? Thanks

2. thepumpguysc

thepumpguysc Senior Member

Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
    The largest problem I see w/ them from reading this forum is a PARTS DEALER..
    If u can find a dealer w/ a parts dept.. & a guy that can read a computer.. the deal is 1/2 way done..Lol
    Seriously tho.. look for dealers & call/email them w/ the relevant info for that machine & ask them for something simple..filters, oil, hydro line & maybe a hydo. PUMP} just to get an idea of the service & $$ u might expect..
    Good luck..