• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kolbelco sk130 LC excavator travel trouble

mrs4020

I found a sk 130 excavator that I was thinking about buying, it does have a problem though. Starts and runs good but soon after putting the safety switch in operation the tracks start pulling, the levers don't seem to stop them. One track goes forward and the other goes in reverse. I do see a couple of new hoses under the operators station. The guy that owned it passed away several years ago and his wife does not know anything about it. She did say he was working on it when he had health problems. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, mrs4020

mrs4020

Sounds like he might have some pilot lines crossed up. Beyond that I have no idea.

Thanks, do you know how the pilot lines are routed on this machine? I don't have a manual and would like to get them connected correctly to try it out before I purchase it. If I end up buying I will get a service manual.

lantraxco

Sorry, I do not. Grandkobelco made a good point, if the joystick plungers are sticking that will create the symptoms you describe.

mrs4020

I have purchased the sk130 and I bought a service manual. I did find 2 of the pilot lines crossed up and corrected that issue. I suspected the swivel so I pulled it out and replaced the seals. I did not see any bad ones. I put back together and when I put the safety lever down for operation both tracks pull in reverse fast, the only way to stop it is to push the track levers all the way forward and the machine will stop but not move forward. When I hold the levers all the way forward and use some of the bucket controls the tracks try to move in reverse more. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.