• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Koehring walk behind 2 drum roller compactor

Richie0

Hello, I recently picked up this drum roller from an auction. Its a Hatz diesel that runs well. I broke the belt as it was old and rotted but before doing so I found that mostly everything works, it goes forward/backward in high and low, turns good and even compacts. The trouble I am having is that it only compacts when you pull the lever back toward you, it has 3 positions, toward operator, neutral and forward, nothing happens in forward, neutral is neutral and reverse compacts. As far as I know generally these rollers have a compact in forward and a compact in reverse mode so its not fighting itself to move. Should both drums drive? it only seems like the rear drum drives and compacts but there's lines to the front drum. what are all of the oil fill spots for for, there are 2 in question and each sit above a drum.

Thanks,