• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco Top Rollers

delectric123

I just realized my top rollers are all bad on my Kobelco SK250. The chain, sprockets, and everything else still look like in good condition. I didn't notice anything until it was too late, 3 of them are now wearing against the shaft and one is seized up. I was often in very muddy conditions, so any leakage probably got cleaned away. Now I have to get prices of OEM and of other sources, then make a decision what route I'm going to take. I would appreciate any advice if aftermarket is reliable, of good aftermarket brands etc...as I imagine OEM will be frightfully expensive. I put on only a few hundred hours a year so I probably should start checking their oil level once a year.
Thanks in advance.

Phantom970

Occupation
Serial Pest
You really cant go wrong with aftermarket if your only doing those many hrs. I run them on an SK170, and the front idlers have been changed as well. not sure what brand. I do a lot of walking.

your right, you will have to mortgage your house if you buy genuine.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Since top rollers are relatively easy to replace, they many times aren't done when the rest of the undercarriage is done. Put new ones on now and you would likely never need to worry about them again. No need to check oil in them. Top rollers are not real costly anyway.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
This concept has been very successful in many applications, maybe worth consideration.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• GI Skids V Rollers.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Phantom970

Occupation
Serial Pest
ITR rings a bell with my stuff too.

Id just like to add genuine is very costly but also very good quality.

I still have all genuine bottom rollers at 11,800hrs.

tops were genuine as well up to about 9000, I put grease nipples in them to stretch them out for another 1000hrs.