• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco sk80 msr 1 e

Hello guys!

I`ve buyed kobelco 2004 sk 80 msr 1e,(isuzu motor) and have some issues with the machine. Mechatrol control shows code error/fail E01 and E05. Have been trying to find out what that could be, but with no luck :( . Anyone have ideas what codes could mean?
Earlier guy who had machine have build throttle on wire,but stepper motor is sitting there- but not moving at all?
throttle rod is missing between pump and stepper motor, i have ordered new rod,but no use if stepper not moving at all.
Should machine go throw test on stepper motor before start upp,
Is code E01 and E05 because of stepper is not working? Have measured cables what go into the stepper and one two wired is 24V coming inn and other 4pin cable measured OHMS all pins are 2,85-its same even if moving throttle knob inside.
Should measurements change on 4 pin cable if i`m moving throttle knob or is fault only in stepper motor?

Appreciate any help.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Hi e01 is eeprom dáta fault, usually down to faulty controller or controller with no power supply. With key turned on does stepping motor lock up or move freely it should be locked in position and move when you turn throttle dial.
E05 arm in sensor faulty. Arm in sensor will be found at valve chest with wire no. Se-7. Swap it with another pressure sensor on the valve chest to see if fault changes. If fault does change replace sensor. If not check wiring if wiring is OK the fault is in controller

Last edited:
Have to say that Heavyequipment side is awsome :)
Thanks Kobelco Ireland for answering!

Controller-Mechato have power, if I push test knob on controller, it runs test and then come up codes as E01;E05. CPU light on dash is not on. With key turned on its nothing happening/movement in stepper motor if i`m moving the knob inside the cabin.
I`m finding myself with doubts, eather its something wrong on controller or fault is on stepper motor. If its stepper then it don`t cost so much,but controller thats bit heavyer for moneybook.
I`ve tryed yesterday to find some new controllers on the internett, and not find a new one with same as its on mine: LF22E00002F1.
Do anyone know where i could buy maybe used controller what will work on my machine.

Looking forward to hear any ideas.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
To test sepping motor you should have 5.7 ohms between brown and orange wire and 5.7 ohms between red and yellow wires. If you do need a controller you could try bussell parts in UK they have a huge selection of scraped kobelco

Thanks Kobelco Ireland for good adwise!

I`ve measured ohms on stepper motor now in garage as you described and measurements go to 0,00. Seems like no resistance on motor?
I guess then i need new stepper motor.

Ok! Thanks for help!
I will order new motor and i found service manual from internet today, i will follow steps from manual when i fit new motor!
I'll come back with information if it will work.

Thanks a lot again!

OK when you fit the new motor it will have to be calibrated to controller
Hello guys!
Got new stepper motor, but if im trying to do a-adjust. it gets stuck in process 4-5 when i should push "buzzer stop" button to go on to set rod to diesel pump. From step to 2-3 stepper motor moves slowly to stop and thats it???
Could anyone come with good advise or do i have mechatro controller whats making me crazy.
Looking forward to hear from anyone who could know whats it's all about?

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
When your in step 2 of calibration is the injectior pump arm set against the stop bolt if it is press buzzer stop for step three, rod should move to start position roughly half way between stop bolt and max stop bolt, then you start engine and push buzzer stop again to start step 4. Then the calibration should start and finish with out you needing to do anything

Last edited:
When your in step 2 of calibration is the injectior pump arm set against the stop bolt if it is press buzzer stop for step three, rod should move to start position roughly half way between stop bolt and max stop bolt, then you start engine and push buzzer stop again to start step 4. Then the calibration should start and finish with out you needing to do anything

Thanks Kobelco Ireland for answering, i will try that.
I will come back how it would go.

Regards

Hello Kobelco Ireland!
Tryed today to run calibration with injector pump pressed to stop, but no result. How should governor motor position be if i start calibration. I have tryed in different positions but it runs to stop as showed in manual only if its in some positions. For exampel its no movement in some positions if i start calibration. Changed also pressure sensor so that fault E7 code is gone, thanks Kobelco Ireland!
Have anyone, some more good adwises to try?
Looking forward to hear any ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_20210812_195537.jpg
    IMG_20210812_195537.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
I am not sure what the manual is telling you but please close it and throw it over your shoulder before something gets broken. Firstly remove the arm and linkage off the stepping motor so it can be set properly. Now put the switch inside controller to test then turn on the ignition and then press the buzzer switch for 8 seconds and release it, the stepping motor will now be in stop position so you now reattach the arm and linkage so that the injection pump lever is pulled against the stop bolt. Now press the buzzer stop again and confirm that the injection pump level has moved to start position (roughly half way between stop bolt and max bolt). Next start engine and press buzzer stop again, calibration should now run and finish without you touching anything.

I am not sure what the manual is telling you but please close it and throw it over your shoulder before something gets broken. Firstly remove the arm and linkage off the stepping motor so it can be set properly. Now put the switch inside controller to test then turn on the ignition and then press the buzzer switch for 8 seconds and release it, the stepping motor will now be in stop position so you now reattach the arm and linkage so that the injection pump lever is pulled against the stop bolt. Now press the buzzer stop again and confirm that the injection pump level has moved to start position (roughly half way between stop bolt and max bolt). Next start engine and press buzzer stop again, calibration should now run and finish without you touching anything.
Hi!
I will try exactly as you describe

Hi Kobelco Ireland
Tryed today exactly as you described, but with no luck.
I have video maybe i could send it to you so you could take a look and say what you think,how it sounds and i can't get on after I set link and rod on to the pump and then i should press buzzer once so stepper will move to start position, after pressing buzzer, nothing happen. Link is set as you described against pump stop bolt,and before starting process igniton turned on controller is on test mode. I push buzzer knob for some seconds when, H-S mode is flashing on gauge cluster and then reattached parts as you descriebed. Problem is that stepper is not moving to start position after i push buzzer once.
Thanks for help so long and looking forward to hear good adwise.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
If you remove the rod with the ball joints on the ends and try go from stop position to start position with the motor does it move and what way does it move