• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco sk60 acera

firetransport

Saw an add for a kobelco sk60 locally, considering buying this machine as an entry level small ex. Any advice or problems with this machine? Thanks

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Recommend you take a good look round could save you some unpleasant surprise, see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Visual inspection form 1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • Visual inspection.pdf
    961.3 KB · Views: 10

firetransport

SK60 Acera, I believe those are grey market machines which could present a problem for getting some parts. Something you need to check into.

Thanks I was wondering about that, the machine is blue not the yellow/grey if that makes a difference.

TVA

Thanks I was wondering about that, the machine is blue not the yellow/grey if that makes a difference.

Grey market means that machine was not imported to US through official channels and do not conform to US standards. Finding parts for these machines can be difficult.

firetransport

Grey market means that machine was not imported to US through official channels and do not conform to US standards. Finding parts for these machines can be difficult.

Right, however I thought the import brand machines paint varried depending upon if it’s a grey market machine vs non grey market? At least that’s what I’ve heard, was wondering if someone could confirm this.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Saw an add for a kobelco sk60 locally, considering buying this machine as an entry level small ex. Any advice or problems with this machine? Thanks
Do you know what year the machine is, older models can be difficult to get some parts for regardless for it being grey market or not, newer models you should have no problem getting parts for

firetransport

Ended up going a different route. I bought a case 855d with a 4in1 and extendahoe. It’s for a small demolition/cleanup job so it should work out well.