• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

kobelco sk40sr-3 slewing motor adjustment

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Frank
Most machines have a small access hatch on the superstructure this is used for topping up, I am not sure if your machine has that possibility. A Kobelco fellow ( LacHau can you help?) on the forum may be able to answer that question I will try and see if he can help.
Kind regards
Uffex

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Some times the access hole for greasing can be a little f****r to get at. I find it easier to grease the swing bath on the minis through the swing bath drain hole. Access to it will be for under the centre of the machine, you should see a small rectangular plate held on with two bolts if you remove that you can pump the grease in from underneath. The grease will find its own level after slewing around a few times.

frank_s4

thanks to everybody for helping me

Kobelco ireland:
I have taken of the plate under (center) but not sure where to pump...
I really would like to grease the swing

frank_s4

I have now removed the plate. the grease seems to be in very good condition (right viscosity) and I can not feel any metall in the grease.
does anyone know what kind of grease I should put in (seems to be the same grease that I use for CV joint on cars)? and how much?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Frank
It is common practice to use general purpose grease attach is some information that may help.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• SlewRingSeaReplacementl.pdf
    883.8 KB · Views: 3

frank_s4

okey..

1)
I still need to find out if the play (left to rigt movement) can be adjusted. moving the slewing motor closer to the ring or if the play is inside the motor itself (shims). the play has gotten bigger and the machine is not as good as it was. I really need to fix this play.

2)
If I understad correct, the grease bath can not be lubricated and is (lifetime greased from new)? the plate (small hole) is just to let water out?

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
1 There is no adjustment between pinon and ring gear or inside inside slew box.
2 Your grease can be topped up or changed.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Hi Frank
Sorry with difficulty unless you have the possibility to split the undercarriage from the superstructure, you could pull the swing transmission and manually rotate the superstructure and clean out the old lube.
Kind regards
Uffex