• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

kobelco sk40sr-3 slewing motor adjustment

frank_s4

I have slack (horisontal, left and right) in the swing.
can someone please tell me where to adjust this.
year 2006

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Frank
I am guessing you are referring to flank play, with the equipment at full reach above the ground you can move the superstructure by pressing against the bucket. some movement is normal and represents the play between the final drive gears, if this is correct there is no adjustment only replace gears if it is excessive.
Kind regards
Uffex

frank_s4

thank you for your reply

do not now what flank play is. the play is from side to side.

the play is more then it was before. think it is strange there is no adjustmant...

LACHAU

some think the play maybe in the swing motor itself. not in the slewing ring
You mean when you are swinging and then stopping, the machine is not stopping immediately, it is shaking??
Or when you turn off the engine, you can even push the upper- structure of it to swing a little??

frank_s4

when engine is off I can push the upper structure side to side. not very much but it was not like this before

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Frank
I believe we are talking of the same phenomena see the attached illustration.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Flank play.pdf
    723.4 KB · Views: 5

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Hi Frank
That is indeed flank play from the publication that does not seem so bad, measuring the play is normally made by masking tape on the ring and dragging a pencil held in a magnetic D.T.I. holder. Is this something you have just spotted my guess is that there is nothing to be alarmed about.
Kind regards
Uffex

frank_s4

thanks for you reply

yes just spotted
you can feel it when you are using the machine and is not "a good feeling"

I finally found the grease nipple for the ring but as I can understand this ONLY grease the balls? and not the slewing ring itself?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
The operators manual normally explains the lubrication method for the slewing ring

frank_s4

ok... I can only find 1 grease point and it is for the balls. how is the ring greased on other machines?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Frank
Some are sprayed with a thin grease other run in bath of lube I try and find out what is common for small Kobelco machines.
Regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Hi Frank
As best I can establish the slew ring is in a lube bath standard in the industry please see attached.
Kind regards
UffexKobe SwingRing.jpeg

frank_s4

thank you.
so the grease is filled from the factory and can not be greased later on? am I understanding it correct?