• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK300lc Travel issue.

James Smith

I have a kobelco sk300lc. s/n ycu0795. There is an issue with the right track travel circuit, reverse direction only. The track will continue to advance even after the pilot (foot pedal) is released. This has been an intermittent issue until recently more so. Here is what I have diagnosed so far:

1) Removed spool from main control valve to inspect for scaring, gouging, broken return springs, etc. Everything looks great, spool seems to fit bore nicely. I even went as far as removing the spool form the left travel and swapped them out, Problem remains. Left spool is in same condition as right (problem) spool visually.

2) I switched pilot lines side to side. Right pedal controls left track, left pedal controls right track. problem remains.

3) Safety circuit... boom, stick, bucket, left travel all stop immediately when safety lever is lifted. Right foward will stop, however if right track is "caught" in reverse, lifting lever will not stop movement. Also, if Right is "caught" , moving foot pedal to forward direction will not "override" the reverse.
Basically the only way to stop the right reverse motion when "caught" is to wait it out and it will eventually quit, or.... if you shut the machine down and start back up, problem will not persist until pilot signal is initiated.

It seems like the right reverse pilot is kind of "locked" on. I do not currently have pressure gauges to monitor pilot pressure but am working on coming up with fittings and gauges to see what is going on there. Is there any way for that pilot pressure to get "trapped" in the line? and why would the forward pilot not override any residual pressure? MCV pressure bypassing internally to pilot side?

I am going to switch the forward and reverse pilot lines. I switched from left to right, but not forward and reverse so I guess ill try that still. Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance for any ideas!

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Your thread appears to be a classic issue with one of the motors shock valves I suggest you switch the shock valves over and see if the issue goe's from one direction to the other. There is a good Kobelco man from ireland who subscribes to the hEF may be an idea to get his input.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Illustration may help, switch the N0.17 over.
Kind regards
Uffex
upload_2022-5-4_9-8-3.png

Kyle Helmke

I would also check the counterbalance spool in the final motor. They are 2 piece unit that threads together and I've seen them come apart inside the motor