• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK200 LC Mark IV one track is slow

Ncjetskier

Serial number YQU4681

The left hand track is slow until you partially operate the right hand side. Would this be a valve problem or the lever servo that you push to engage the track? Any help is appreciated.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Troubleshooting weak crawlers can be found excatech.org >Library>Common defects>H2 Weak Crawlers Pi
Hope that helps
Kind regards
Uffex

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
On the mark 4 straight travel is not selected automatically, you have to turn the kpss switch to position D. Then one pump drives both tracks and other pump drives upper funchions. With kpss in D if both tracks travel at the same speed then you know the problem is not in your motor or turning joint unit.

Kyle Helmke

On the mark 4 straight travel is not selected automatically, you have to turn the kpss switch to position D. Then one pump drives both tracks and other pump drives upper funchions. With kpss in D if both tracks travel at the same speed then you know the problem is not in your motor or turning joint unit.
Not independent travel the l that splits the machine from the tracks. I'm talking about the spool in the control valve that they use to balance travel pressure so the machine travels straight. The straight travel spool.

Ncjetskier

OK, I have 600 PSI on the pilot pump but only 225 psi at the spool and relief valve for the bucket. What valve or component could be stuck to limit the pilot pressure at the spool and relief valve? I am (almost) certain that the spool is not being opened all the way on either the left track or the bucket hydraulics. Thanks for any help!!

Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Suggest you make double sure that servo pressure is good, the inlet or "P" ports to the track RCV have filters may have blocked some.
Check there is no obstruction to the RCV movement.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• H2 check servo pressure.pdf
    916.9 KB · Views: 25

Ncjetskier

Thanks UFFEX. Can you tell me where the filters are? Since both the bucket and left track are slow, I think it may be a valve between the pilot pump and the spool.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The filter I refer too is part of the connection adapter which is between the hose line and RCV, your post has changed it is no longer an individual circuit it appears that the illness has spread. I will try and post an illustration, however I suggest you double-check that servo pressure as the attachment.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Please see atteched, take note of the inline filter at the servo pump, if it hase alluminium particals sure sign of servo pump failure.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• RCV.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • High Servo pressure.pdf
    922.8 KB · Views: 19

Ncjetskier

You are correct, the problem has changed. The bucket hydraulic cylinder appeared to be bent which is why we thought it was slow. However, when we changed out the cylinder with another, it remained slow.

Ncjetskier

Well, no luck. I checked under both the joystick hydraulic hoses for the bucket and the hydraulic fittings for the travel (foot) valves and all the fittings were the same size.

Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
The fillings may appear the same however if you remove the "P" line and take out the connector you will see the filter screen. Beware have a plug handy fluid will run from open connections. From your more recent posts I am less convinced that is your issue. Please measure the servo pressure at full engine speed and idle, any internal leakage will show up with that test.
Kind regards
Uffex

Ncjetskier

Mechanic number 6 is out working on the machine today (for the second day) and cannot figure out what the problem is. Stated all the cab functions are good, the relief valves are good, spools are good. I sent the both the service manual and parts manual to help them. When I left they had the spools out again. Any suggestions what would make the bucket and left track run slow? THANKS!

Ncjetskier

Update: The mechanic went through each spool and relief valve, cleaned and each and put them back. When done, there was no difference. The pilot pressure was good at spools. They started working on the three electric valves located under the hydraulic pump. One was broken, but they don't think that it may be the problem - but will continue to work on the electric valves. Is there a way to bypass the solenoid valves? Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I am trying to follow the situation with your machine - the original issue was that the left track was slow until you operted the right sde - the bucket is also slow - the pressure at the pilot line of the spool cap is only 225 psi. with full pedal movement (Shoulkd be 600 psi.). The servo pressure is at the pump 600 psi. with both idle and full revolutions. Please confirm this understanding is correct.. When you specify a slow circuit it can be wise to check out the rest of the machine.
Regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Measure speed.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

Randy Whitley

Help, Komatsu excavator model pc220lc-3 serial no. 21496 Thumb and right track at 15% power, about 1987. Could this be hydraulic or valve problem. Picture would be great. Thanks Randy

Butch Dixon

Did you find out what the problem was with your kobelco excavator. I have a similar issue. But it's the right track slow in forward but it's fine in reverse. And the crowd cylinder is great going out but very week going in like digging. It so bad that it stops when it is balanced and after a few seconds it starts coming in. I can move it back and forth when it gets to the point of balance. Any ideas?