• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco Sk135 stalling problem

tractor geek

Hi all. New here so hopefully i get this rite,
I have a Kobelco sk135 fairly early model, Problem is (to start with) the machine can start up and work fine until switched off, restart then sometimes the engine will be under slight load, Which then at high revs and dead ending a circuit more or less stalls the engine, Stop engine wait for the ecu to totally shut down then restart would work fine again untill the next time you switch off, Does not do it everytime but intermintant fault to start with.
Now its doing the fault more and more,
No error codes, Swapped controller with another machine and fault never showed on it,
Would anyone know of the voltage to be measuring at the pump proportional solenoids?
Any help with this would be appreciated

Thank you

BigWrench55

It sounds like a parasitic load on your pumps. Something is having one of your pumps stroking up when it’s not needed. I would check your standby pressures on your pumps. Maybe someone on here who is more familiar with your machine could tell you the best way to do that. Either way I would like to know what the problem was. Good luck and good day.

tractor geek

Hi Paul Thanks for the reply, If i disconnect the plug from each proportional valve on p1 and p2 each one has a slight load until disconnected, Hopefully someone has had something like this before.

TVA

I have a Kobelco sk135 fairly early model, Problem is (to start with) the machine can start up and work fine until switched off, restart then sometimes the engine will be under slight load, Which then at high revs and dead ending a circuit more or less stalls the engine, Stop engine wait for the ecu to totally shut down then restart would work fine again untill the next time you switch off, Does not do it everytime but intermintant fault to start with.
No error codes, Swapped controller with another machine and fault never showed on it,
Would anyone know of the voltage to be measuring at the pump proportional solenoids?

Thank you

Did you put your controller on other machine, or you installed other machines controller on yours?

TVA

Hi Paul Thanks for the reply, If i disconnect the plug from each proportional valve on p1 and p2 each one has a slight load until disconnected, Hopefully someone has had something like this before.

Check your negacone pressures at neutral.

TVA

If machine kinda sluggish to start moving on some functions could be plugged drain orifice at unloader.

TVA

Did you plug the lines from solenoid and left ports at regulator open, or plugged and capped everything?

TVA

And another tricky question - did anyone took the regulators from the pumps and missed mechanical feedback linkage on reinstallation?

tractor geek

Hi. The pumps have been fully reconditioned a few months back. The machine can start and run perfect for long enough. Problem seems to arise when it's switched off and restarted. It maybe fails 4 out of 10 start ups

TVA

If you have slight load on the pumps at neutral it means you have a problem with negacone pressure regulated by unloaders at the end of galleries of main control valve. Powershift PRV destrocks pump when KPSS sees drop of engine rpm.
But there’s possibilitie that your regulator(s) was installed incorrectly - it is possible to miss the pin(s)

TVA

What led to pump reconditioning? Could there be trash in the control valve due to previous pump failure?

Sourov1

Thank you

Sir,do you have kobelco sk135-2 service manual
My email is shahadatsourov@gmail.com