• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

kobelco sk 115dz bucket curl slow

mfortier

we have a 1998 sk115 dz that had a bad oil leak on the right pilot control. I removed the valve and had it rebuilt at a hydraulic shop. When I reinstalled the valve all functions of the valve were slow.
After some use now the only slow function is bucket curl. I tried to bleed out any air by cracking the hoses at the main valve body. Same result. I tried swapping the relief valves for bucket open and curl with no luck. The bucket still runs slow when curling. Normal speed when opening. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
we have a 1998 sk115 dz that had a bad oil leak on the right pilot control. I removed the valve and had it rebuilt at a hydraulic shop. When I reinstalled the valve all functions of the valve were slow.
After some use now the only slow function is bucket curl. I tried to bleed out any air by cracking the hoses at the main valve body. Same result. I tried swapping the relief valves for bucket open and curl with no luck. The bucket still runs slow when curling. Normal speed when opening. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

hi,
the springs and spools and sometimes the push rods themselves too in the pilot control joysticks
are different. you cannot mix-up the forward/backward with the sides.
spring tensions are different, and stroke differs, etc...

did you have this slow hyd beforehand ?
or was result of the hyd repair shop not knowing what they're doing ?

you will likely need to remove, tear down, and reassemble to ensure all parts are in their correct bore in the housing.
or at worst case purchase a new updated joystick assembly.
this will ensure you'll get the current changes.
bettering your machine.
cheers!
adam

mfortier

Thanks Mr. Kobelco for answering. The hydraulics worked fine before I took the pilot valve out. We were only trying to stop the oil leaks. If some of the parts inside the joystick were mixed up wouldn't we notice a problem with other movement of the same valve? If I took the joystick back apart could I tell if some of the parts were mixed up? The hyd. shop is 3 hours away? Thanks again

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
Thanks Mr. Kobelco for answering. The hydraulics worked fine before I took the pilot valve out. We were only trying to stop the oil leaks. If some of the parts inside the joystick were mixed up wouldn't we notice a problem with other movement of the same valve? If I took the joystick back apart could I tell if some of the parts were mixed up? The hyd. shop is 3 hours away? Thanks again

hi,
if you email me at " hf_hydraulics@hotmail.com " with your model and serial number, and fax number i can see what info i can forward you that can help.
the parts catalog for your machine includes a breakdown of the joystick under the hyd components section.
this catalog is online. customer online parts cat " OPC "
http://www.robertgreenequipment.com
cheers
adam

mfortier

we have decided to take the joystick valve back to the hydraulic shop and have them check their work. probably take about 1 week to get it over there. will let you know what turns out. Thanks again for the help.

mfortier

Mr. Kobelco Took the valve back to the hyd. shop. They say that they didn't do anything wrong but we watched them put it back together and think that they got one of the retaining clips in a little crooked causing a bypass in the pilot valve. anyway when we reinstalled the valve everything worked like normal. thanks for your help