• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Klein Apron

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
With all these old pics of Tournapulls I thought yall might like to hear about a Klein apron/elevator. My Old freind tht passed away last year ran AC and IH and Terex scrapers. He had an old AC 260 with a straight shift. It had a funny look to it as it was an elevator or paddle wheel as we call them . He and I were talking about it and I looked it over as a Teenager. I used to drive him around while he drank and taled about the good old days of moving dirt with a TD18 and pan. I told him it didnt look like the 762 I ran with a sliding floor or his 295 IH Payscraper elevator. He told me it was an add on. It was a Made by Klien the water truck folks. He said it was a handy rig to change an open bowl to an elevator in about a day. It allowed him and other contractors to use what they had. He said that Cat and Wabco and AC were the biggest users. He told me that it would open up to take larger stones or the ocassional stump to. IT was well liked. Someone bought the scraper and elevator attachment and took it up north to be restored but we lot track when my friend passed away.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
I believe Fiat-Allis used to make an elevator like that for their smaller self-loader. (161, maybe)