• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kids loseing the ability talk on the phone

AzIron

Define “older” lol

If you have to ask the question then I would hate to break it to you. Lol

And on the it's the older generation fault I guess the jokes on us young guys cause I used that line on my dad the other day and was told that's my personal problem and it sucks to be me to have such short comings that I can't over come lol

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
If you have to ask the question then I would hate to break it to you. Lol

And on the it's the older generation fault I guess the jokes on us young guys cause I used that line on my dad the other day and was told that's my personal problem and it sucks to be me to have such short comings that I can't over come lol

It’s a relative thing lol. When I was a kid 40 was ancient. Now that I’m 40 it doesn’t seem so old!

crane operator

I'm 46, and evidently I've had some hard miles. I've got a operator that is about my height, and 4 years younger, and everyone asks if we're a father/ son outfit.

It happened on like 3 jobs in a row this summer, and now its the running joke at the shop.

ih100

I'm 46, and evidently I've had some hard miles. I've got a operator that is about my height, and 4 years younger, and everyone asks if we're a father/ son outfit.

It happened on like 3 jobs in a row this summer, and now its the running joke at the shop.

You're lucky. I get "when do/did you retire" or "aren't you dead yet?"

crane operator

Hell when I turned 25 I was depressed. I don’t even want to think about 30. Depresses me.

You're lucky. I get "when do/did you retire" or "aren't you dead yet?"

I still feel 20 and am fired up for next week already. I still think next week is going to be my best week yet, people that think their best time was high school- that depresses me.

I don't feel old, but evidently I look it.

I already got the senior citizen discount question at a fast food chain. That's the shocker, when some pert young gal is checking you out from behind the cash register, but she's really just deciding whether you're old enough for the over 65 discount.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Turning 40 was just another day. I’ve been fortunate and aged well aesthetically. I remember dad in his 40’s comb-over and all! Haha. I do think it’s a sweet spot in life. Past experience guiding us and still a little youthful spunk to get us in trouble here and there. Somedays my boys keep me young and others I swear they age me years in the span of a few minutes!

Mother Deuce

When I was 50 and my father was 70 were talking about work and work experience. I was kidding him when i told him it had taken me 50 years to make him as smart as he was then... That little comment was not well received! Mental note to self; prepare answer for that comment:)

ianjoub

IDK about talking on the phone, but how about some grammar classes. I read this post on this forum 3 times and can't figure out what is being asked:

im not sure where this would go because its for any heavy duty equipment. i have some blazer trapezoid pattern lighting in the 55w sealed beams, C8005W.. i like the size shape but mainly the lighting pattern. well as anyone that has them knows they are a little dim. looking to upgrade to a brighter LED light in the same pattern about the same size or id allow a little smaller as they are on a light/roll bar, but no bigger. having trouble finding some as most people are swapping over to the long full light bars with maybe 3 choices.. flood, spot, and combo. so suggestions?