• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

kidney stones on vacation

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
maybe the beach doesn't like me. lets start out by saying a couple years ago came to the beach got here about 2:00 pm(early for once) took a nap all good went to eat supper then good nights sleep woke up next morning about 6:00 was going to make breakfast felt a little wobley laid back down got up at 8:00 with vertigo urgent care and all ...... so last year start down here always pull a 14 tandem axle enclosed trailer for all the essential supplies road about 3.15hrs turned off of 4 lane 1st red lite denali cut's off at red lite it was about 95degrees in the shade with 3 kids,1dog and wife four hrs later finally got back going (and A/C)replaced crank sensor from 1.5 hrs away...... so now this year test drove car with trailer last week all good ,just went on road trip in march in it for 10 days no problems. first stop sign about 30 miles from house cuts off set about 30 mins code reader no codes then it cranked back up run for another 4 hrs top the brigde over to the island alternator drops to 12.5 volts so go next day sunday get an alternator 2 belts pulleys and tensioner . get to reading a couple of complaints about the denials pulling trailers and cutting of at low rpms ok maybe i need to change weight of engine was OW30 synthetic get up monday morning head out to get new oil about 30 miles south about 2 miles from parts store cuts off at red lite no trailer in tow make it to a local repair shop. buy tuesday morning figure out #3 cyld no compression #1 only about 40 pds 187,000 miles 6.2 gmc so buy 6:30 pm tuesday I stick the boss lady (wife) in a brand new 12 miles on it 2015 loaded denali (a/c seats she likes)and send her on her way now it's toward pushing 350miles ,loaded the 2007 on a roll back last night about 7:00 sent it towards home. ok so maybe I can relax tomorrow get to bed can't sleep back hurting wake up this morning with kidney stones 4 alieve and 4 advil later and about 3:30 pm it finally moved not passed it yet I guess that will come about 11:00pm tonight so now I am going downstairs to try and start my low country boil that i was going to do last sunday. If y'all see on news that some redneck burned down a rental house in ocean isle beach NC you will know thing's didn't go as planned

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
I have had 2 bouts with kidney stones,30 years apart. Both times ended up in hospital. First time,we wait it out. Second time was surgery. Left hospital,came home,still had cathtar inserted. I had string attached and had to leave for 3 days,THEN I had to pull it out. Holy crap. Do not wait. If pain lasts,get to Doctor.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Sounded like a regular day at work till you got to the kidney stone.

Wife had them twice and I really feel for you. Hope it passes quick. Probably need lots of beer to flush it down:)

clintm

Occupation
well we made it through the shrimp boil with 2 thats highly allergic to shrimp no issues so far just got cleaned up and set down while the wifes are packing the left over dry goods up lets hope the trip home tomorrow is uneventful. John C. they say kidney stones are about the same as child birth what does your wife say? guess mine still in there have seen or felt it come out yet!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The wife passed out twice from pain twice with the first stone. She never passed out on either pregnancy. They put her in the rock crusher to get that one out without surgery. I think she peed sand for a week or so. The second stone wasn't as big and passed after a few days. She thinks the pain for the second stone was about the same as the first kid's birth. I know the first one was way worse.

I hope you resolve it soon with as little pain as possible.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
Clinton, I feel for you, have had an event or two like that also. Hope things start going better for you and the stones pass.

clintm

Occupation
made it home with no issues maybe left the bad juju at the beach :thumbsup still haven't felt or seen the stone yet

JDOFMEMI

With any luck it broke up.

I have had them four times, and I can feel your pain. The doc can give you something, I forget what it is called, that allegedly helps break them up so they are slightly less painful.

I remember the first time, I thought I was going to die. Then it went on so long, I began to wish I would so it would end the pain. The times since have been ever so slightly less painful. I am thinking maybe the first one bored out the hole a bit so the next time it was an easier trip.

Good luck to you.:drinkup