• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth Thread for 848--849--850

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Infinity west bought that truck. Around 2011 went to Queen charlotte islands. Pulled the loader off turned it into a conventional. It’s now sitting back on van island. Forrest tech yard I believe
Yes it is still parked at Forestech as I saw(at Forestec website) it behind a 1983 Madill 044 swing yarder. Yarder is for sale and it is an old M&B unit #Y17. I took some pictures of the Kenworth - I will them post later.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
What would it cost me to buy a nice 8:49 or 8:50 truck? When I say nice I mean something with solid underpinnings but needs it cosmetic makeover possibly as I want to build one up as a lowbed tractor to pull our yarders around. We have to get oversize permits for them anyway so might as well use the biggest truck I can to move them.

EBHD

What would it cost me to buy a nice 8:49 or 8:50 truck? When I say nice I mean something with solid underpinnings but needs it cosmetic makeover possibly as I want to build one up as a lowbed tractor to pull our yarders around. We have to get oversize permits for them anyway so might as well use the biggest truck I can to move them.
7110A824-E561-4DE8-8A1A-778A43BC1C71.jpeg
This is on forestech website for sale

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver

Hallback Just remembered that in the Pacific trucks page 80, topic 1596, is a Pacific 512. Wondering if this could work for you I had more pictures just trying t find.

Might go great with your company name... Pacific logging???

Chopper95

I'm sure this truck is probably in here somewhere, but Heavy Haulage Co from Kelso WA : 1974 850 with 12v71 and Allison, tractor weight is 65,000lb and will do 35mph. Has been relatively trouble free for them. Log trailer (Pacific?) is still in the yard. Axles are 12' wide. Truck did come off the Island according to John (grandson of company founder?) - he shot the crap with me for like 2 hours, great guy.
They have another 850 but lost the motor in it recently - looking for a C18. They had a 848 as well but sold it to a customer.

Amazing to see these things in person, absolutely HUGE! And these guys are still using it regularly; was hauling 12' diameter 1" wall bridge pier piling most recently.

Still moves yarders with this truck as well for local loggers too.

DSC_0250.JPG
DSC_0248.JPG
DSC_0222.JPG

DSC_0236.jpg

Last edited:

Chopper95

I'm sneaking some C500 pictures in and other KWs since I made my 850 contribution ;)

Heavy Haulage Co again with this 1991 C500, 18 speed, C15 Cat, will do 25 mph and currently hooked up to their 200 ton lowboy.
DSC_0225.JPG

Chilton Logging of Woodland WA, beautiful C500 with an ISX Cummins in it. Newer truck, really sharp.
DSC_0291.JPG
B&M Logging of Chehalis WA with their C500 and 9 axle lowboy set up
DSC_0317.JPG DSC_0319.JPG

McPaul Cat and Crane of Chehalis also had a black and yellow 1980 Kenworth C500 that they sold about a year ago to someone in Oregon. Sad I missed it but I know that truck is on this forum somewhere - came out of Alaska with a sister truck and was converted to a road tractor (other truck is black and orange)

Chopper95

Dahlgren Logging ex Weyerhaeuser W923 fire truckDSC_0666.JPG
DSC_0667.JPG
Hermann Brother, Port Angeles WA, all wheel drive T800 chip trucks - cool set up. They had a AWD Peterbilt as well and a nice T800W
DSC_0432.JPG DSC_0436.JPG

That's all I've got without diving too far into the conventional highway trucks … definitely need to get over to the Island when the border opens up again to really see the 848 - 849 - 850, etc off highway rigs. They really are next level.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
The McPaul truck is now owned by Wayne Stone of Sandy Oregon. It will be in top-notch shape again in no time. Thanks for sharing all the photos, it's good to see all the trucks from my local area featured.

Chopper95

Sweet! Glad to hear she's getting a little TLC, hope to see it sometime!

I also got to see a C500 from Mason Trucking of Aberdeen while fueling up, the baby blue ones, but no photo. Still on the list to stop by.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Mason moves us,when I can't move everything quick enough. They moved one of our shovels Friday

Pheadrus

Hi Guys
New member here. I was at a farm here in northern Ontario, Canada looking at an old Kenworth K100 with a log loader. I found what I believe to be a Kenworth 849. Which I was surprised to see it here on a farm. I hate to see it languish in a field waiting for the scrappers. It's not complete and the owner(in his 80's) doesn't remember where he got it. It's a rolling frame and cab. The front tires are like new looking BF Goodrich Silverstones. No engine or tranny, fenders are there but sadly someone cut out the headlight buckets. Hood, grill, front bumper are all gone. Is it worth dragging home? Can the missing parts be found anymore? The hood maybe on the property but MIA for now. I'm a sucker for old iron.

Pheadrus

Just didn't have time to post them earlier.

Attachments

• IMG_2485.JPG
    IMG_2485.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2486.JPG
    IMG_2486.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2487.JPG
    IMG_2487.JPG
    966.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2488.JPG
    IMG_2488.JPG