• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth Thread for 848--849--850

Greatwestcam

Occupation
Driver/Mechanic
#14 and its sister #12 are 1970 849 RF, have been refitted over the years, silver 71, top mount rear springs, only trucks that Andy bought new except for a 850 glider years later as far as big trucks.
#18 is an old Bulkley valley truck.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
#14 and its sister #12 are 1970 849 RF, have been refitted over the years, silver 71, top mount rear springs, only trucks that Andy bought new except for a 850 glider years later as far as big trucks.
#18 is an old Bulkley valley truck.
Thanks for great information. Does Andy run a fleet of offhighway logging trucks at present time? I did not see any except for #14 and #18. There is not much left of #12.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Sad to hear. You Can properly regonize where I took pictures of the KW with lowbed. I did not enter that place and I could not see anything cause of heavy vegetation. Gate to Kip Browns place was closed so I have visit that site next time.

Greatwestcam

Occupation
Driver/Mechanic
Sad to hear. You Can properly regonize where I took pictures of the KW with lowbed. I did not enter that place and I could not see anything cause of heavy vegetation. Gate to Kip Browns place was closed so I have visit that site next time.
Let me know when you are planning to coming back over and I'll meet up with you and show you some spots (as long as the scrappers haven't been in there)

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Let me know when you are planning to coming back over and I'll meet up with you and show you some spots (as long as the scrappers haven't been in there)
Greatwestcam, thank you for your nice offer and I will make use of it next time I come to Powell River

EBHD

Hi I always say correct me if I am wrong I am not always correct. The red kenworth leaning over is a 849S has big windshields all 848s had small windshields and the bumper on all 849s were a box bumper. The front axle is a 18,000 shuler with budd wheels. The yellow Bill Neil truck #16 is a 849RF which was the pre 850 1966 67 era you know by the tube not box bumper I remember this truck at kenworth when I worked there we converted the rear suspension from under slung springs to over like the HDX's Bill was there I was talking to him and he said this KW susp was the SH**** he had enough too tippy breaking u bolts Herman Bittman was the mech working with him he liked Herman no bull type of guy tell the truth when kenworth had problems customers liked him. The yellow truck after Bills with no markings on it I think is a 849RF but it could be a early 850 with the sloped hood because of the front axle which is a FU900 not a shuler like the 849's. Just a note all 848 and 849S had fenders that dropped down on the back end by the cab and air cleaners and 850S were straight thru like the Hayes but kenworth would do custom things like all the dealers anything to get the orders. The picture of the fellow on the front bumper I am pretty sure is a 849S has the steel roof and u can see the flex frame by the battery box start to get thicker under the cab plus a box bumper and budd wheels on front leads me to 849S. Hey if u have company names or serial numbers I might have the line tickets for these units let me know. Hope this helps correct me if I am wrong.
Hi there was Wondering what you could tell me about a kenworth 850 serial #85777 Thanks a lot !