• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth T800 back up camera install - wire in the cab

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Installing a back up camera on my 2007 Kenworth T800. I've got the camera mounted already in the back of the truck and I have run the wire from the back of the truck up the truck frame to the cab. The plan is to mount the camera bracket under where the CB radio sits up by the headliner. Where is the best place to get the wire into the truck cab and up one of the "A " pillars I'm guessing to the headliner location of the built in CB mount loaction. There is already power and ground up there, so I just need to know which side of truck, and which panels to remove etc. to rout the cable. Is access on the A Pillar outside, or inside the cab? The cb antenna coaxial does not run through the pillar. Any help or ideas would be great. I'm new to the Kenworth and have never removed dash panels etc.

Dump Truck Work.jpg