• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Keeping maintenance records

JohnnyCarcinogen

Occupation
Trash Monkey
I'm the "lead tech" in a shop where I have 3 years of experience and the secondary has damn near 30 years of experience of old school wrench turning. He knows nothing of computers, and will retire this year. I know nothing of old-school wrenching, but have been using computers since the C64 was king.

Our maintenance records are updated periodically by a guy who has two jobs. Are there any excel templates that I should use by myself to make sure I can keep my services and lubes on track better than a guy who spends half his week working the scale house at a landfill? I've done some google-fu and none of the templates seem to fit well, and I don't have the education required to change automotive templates to work for equipment.