• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

kawasaki kss70 S#763441

nawsd

Am thinking of buying this wheel loader to use around home.I was told this machine was used in a dirt pit on the gulf coast,the bucket is rusted out and it has plenty of rust in and around cab.It runs and sounds good, tires,pins and bushings are good but it is blowing fluid out of breather on top of trans. Can anyone tell me what is causing this and what this machine should be worth? THANKS

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
blowing oil out transmission breather

Sounds like the torque is over filling with oil that means either the drain hose in the bottom of the torque is pluged or the seal is out of the torque

nawsd

oil blowing out of trans vent

Thanks for your reply dirthog.Oil is now comeing out of hole on side-bottom,a small plate fell off.If drain is not pluged up how much labor and $ you think to replace seal are would I be better off to look for something else? THANKS

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
torque seal

have to remove the transmission and torque they are all one on that model and then tear apart torque will take you a couple of days just to get trans out if your not skilled at that type of work. then all you can do is tear it down and find out what is bad just the seal or worse and it will likely be worse