• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kawasaki 80z series iv hydraulic problems (no loader functions and hydraulic oil overheating)

FastYZFR1

I am looking at this loader for a friend used in a salvage yard it's been neglected but never really worked hard. The pilot valves quit working and so far I have found the fluid NASTY burnt, it's been having issues clogging up the solenoid on the quick couple for over a year. It prolly had the original hyd filter with 16k hours on it and it was filled with black brown goo and the bypass had a stringy "fur" looking material like a chewed up shop rag in it. I have swapped the oil and filter and cleaned the relief valve that feeds the pilot valve. I still am not activating the main valve with the pilot controls they may be plugged with the crap but my question is what is it and where did it come from?

I think the canister filter is on the return line and having the machine running for like 15-20 min at idle the top of the filter housing and hyd oil tank got almost too warm you could hold your hand on it but it was really warm/borderline hot. I am also getting a almost tickling feeling in your hands from the "buzzing" off any of the lines from the pump.

I am wondering if a suction line came apart and the stringy material caught up in everything is the inside of the hose ? also the inner liner could now be clogging up the suction side more since I got the filter replaced and oil is not having to push by the bypass it allows it to have more suction amplifying the problem of the collapsed hose? Ther was no significant metal shavings on the drain plug of the tank just NASTY brown stinky oil signs of being overheated? think cooler could be plugged or collapsing suction hose? or "fur" stuck in bypass valves ? This loader more less dives around and used wit forks of 13k of it's 16k hours so it's never been really worked hard to burn the fluid Any suggistions MUCH apricated