• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kawasaki 115ZV

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
CB.....Kawasaki actually makes their own loaders. They have Cummins and Izuzu engines, Kawi trannys and Kawi axles. They are assembled in Newnan GA.

:eek: Never knew that. I'll have to make a trip up there and check it out.:yup

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
:eek: Never knew that. I'll have to make a trip up there and check it out.:yup

Since you appear to be pretty internet-savvy: http://www.kawasakiloaders.com/

I probably shouldn't flame Cat this way, but what the heck -- between the 844J and the L220E, Cat's 980-sized machine is definitely facing a run for its money. The L220E compares favorably, but the 844J is just a larger machine. I'd be curious what'd happen if you ran the 824J against the 980H.

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
i think if we were able to run those two machines against one another it would be like at my old job where we ran 980g s against wa500 s . we found that on flat ground a komatsu would out run a cat all day but, the 500 would not pull a hill like a cat, when i would be comming out of the hole the 500 would be two loader lingths ahead of me but, when we got to the grade i would walk right by the komatsu.

Wulf

we found that on flat ground a komatsu would out run a cat all day but, the 500 would not pull a hill like a cat

komatsukid... you should find on the new WA500-6 model that hill climbing capacity has been vastly improved with new motor, different transmission, piston pumps and the lock-up converter.

komatsukid

Occupation
yes you are right. i was refering to the -5 machines with the N14 cummins engines.

komatsukid

Occupation
the lock up torque converter, does that work the same way that 988 do. with the torque button?

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
What are you basing this on? Just curious. I thought all of these machines were in the same size class. Isn't the 824J in the same machine size class as the 972H?:confused:

I had fallen for numbers again. I saw the horsepower of the 824J listed as 316, and thought that Deere had bracketed Cat by having one loader slightly smaller than the 980 and one slightly larger. I should have noticed that my instincts were telling me that only the 844J is the competitor, but... *runs away* :eek:

You're right, though -- the 844J is the competitor to the 844J. I, er, I don't know what I was talking about. Don't I feel like a dumb-butt now. :Banghead

Wulf

the lock up torque converter, does that work the same way that 988 do. with the torque button?

kid... No it's different from the torque control as I understand it... when TC lock up is selected it automatically locks up the converter into direct drive when the engine speed and transmission speed hits the right speeds like when travelling at high speeds. I think its only in 2nd gear and higher.

There was a thread earlier about roading machinery long distances, well this function would save fuel and prevent high torque converter temperatures.

farm_boy

Your correct Wulf. This was an option on the WA500-6 when it was launched a little less than a year ago, but Komatsu recently made this standard equipment. It works similar to a lock up T/C on a scraper.

kawasakiman

Occupation
Field Tecnician
kawaski 115kz

The Joy sticks for the kawaski have been out for 10years. They were optional on the 95z, and the 115kz, also standard equipment on the 135z. They are very user friendly machines, thus making kawaski my choice of loaders. :usa

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to HEF kawasakiman! :drinkup

komatsukid

Occupation
hey Steve, will you try to take a few more pictures of this loader. please.

Gmads

Occupation
Ditchdigger
Anybody have any experience with a smaller model - like the 65TM? Feedback?

CountyAsphalt

next time im at one of the quarries i can take some pics. I am putting an album together of Tilcon's equipment and some of the jobs I am on with them. Tilcon has been buying a variety of equipment lately. So far I have seen Cat, komatsu, terex, john deere, gradall, and the kawasaki loaders. The pavers are blow knox, and vogele. We just got a new roadtec paver which is a nice machine. The rollers are cat, ingersoll rand, and the good ole raygo's for finishing. :usa

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I was at their open house a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing. They used to run nothing but Cat, but I saw Cat, Kawaski, Komatsu, Terex, Volvo and an orange Japanese excavator whose brand escapes me.

I wish I had my camera, but it was an unplanned visit, I happened to be doing a job nearby and saw the sign. I'll plan on it for next year.

j12222

The Kawasakis have been pretty decent to Tilcon. Only a few issues with wear items in the cab.

The Terex Trucks we have are ok. They are very high maint. and the local dealer is now gone so parts have to come from Upstate...

...they do get the job done though.

The Komatsu W900 we have has been awesome... I'd say better then the 992G. We had a torque conv. failure at 11,000 hours which held us back for 2 weeks, but no other major issues.

The funky Orange machine was a rental Grapple. Daewoo 220 or our Hitachi 450's. We have several of those.

Thanks for taking notice of our equipment. Our guys take pride in them. Also thanks for coming to the open house. We have it every year and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. Everyone is welcome.

James Slaughter
Mobile Equipment Superintendent
Tilcon New York

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to HEF j12222! :drinkup