• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just Testing--Nothing worth viewing

KRob

Like all these other fellows im posting so i can start my own thread.....sorry, i feel like such a bum not being able to contribute anything worth whiled on the other threads so looking for ones like this that have been borrowed. ;)

Thanks

DrJim

Occupation
General Dentist, including Implant Restorations
Gearing up to post my Bobcat float detent series

OK, Willie, I'm sitting here trying to learn all over again. Let's see if I can post a pic.

Let's try an image of the high-zoot navigation system on my BMW R1200R mo'cycle.

NavSystem.jpg

Hmm. We'll see how that worked. As for the auto pic-resizer. . . it will probably be much faster to upload the pics to HEF if they are already resized, but the feature will be very convenient for the occasional upload that is not yet resized.

Hah! I can do this! But the darn nav system is too complicated. . . .

DrJim

Occupation
Help me Willie. . .

Willie, I remember now why I got so close to posting the float detent series--and then didn't. (and then the computer crashed!)

I got stumped trying to handle the Bobcat parts diagrams. It was the preparation of these 5 pages that killed my momentum. The Bobcat diagrams were provided to me in PDF format, so I used some free on-line PDF to JPG converter--which worked. But. . the files sizes are huge, though, like 5 Mb per page.

When I try to use Windows Photo viewer to "crop", as you taught me to first trim off all of the dead space before resizing. . . the "crop" option is shaded--I can't crop. I have checked the jpg properties to be sure the files are not read-only, etc. The only thing I can figure is that the PDF to JPG converter has left me with jpg files that are in an invalid format for Photo Viewer to crop. Paint won't open them either.

For kicks, I tried to upload one and see what the auto-resizer does with it. Nothing doing--"cannot resize this file."

So. . . if I can figure out these 5 pages, I can get the photos of the float detent posted. Hey, man, I can do it. . . . I have "Daft Power."

DrJim

Occupation
I might have it figured out. . .

Strange. Windows Photo Viewer will resize the bass turd image files--and voila!--Crop will then work! No telling why.

Lemme work on 'em. . . .

DrJim

Occupation
Trial image

OK, getting closer. Let's try one.

hpsc35 (2)-page-001 - Copy (912x1280) (448x640).jpg

I'm just about ready. Now, Willie, if I could only remember what I did and why. . . to complete the narrative that goes with the photos. Lol

The next step. . . is the new thread. We'll see if "later" is soon . . . or never.