• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

Rentalmechanic

I got suckered into working on a customer lift is usually not for me, but this one interested me. This cylinder was different not the run of the mill . It had a unique retaining of the cap. A pin slid in the side and you twisted the cap and the pin disappears into the cylinder pretty neat until I got the replacement part and it was missing the hole.... IMG_0431.jpgIMG_0440.jpgIMG_0431.jpgIMG_0438.jpg

Last edited:

skata

how did that get chipped like that?
are those skytraks fairly reliable? easy to work on?

Rentalmechanic

Customer hit something not sure what, they are super easy to work on. Pretty cut and dry this was a 6042-2 skytrak. The newer style just come apart unthread. This one was way old school another mechanic (mentor) said this is same as most massey ferguson are setup

Rentalmechanic

View attachment 160501 10k with spicer axles never liked tapping holes but saved from pulling and put another part on
My day 3 hrs out of town back then get sent on this lol should have shot for the house ! View attachment 160502

Hey no insulation no problem just use electric tape, cut all that crap outand redone it

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited: