• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

mekon

Cell phone building load out. They aren't using this tower any more so the building gets loaded up and gone. I looked at this job months ago, and we've had to reschedule several times. The road in had a narrow gate, and they widened the opening so we could get the semi off the road, but they didn't move the fence. So we had to do a little post removal to get in.

View attachment 264845 View attachment 264846 View attachment 264847
Looks like a ATT shelter.About 54000 pounds maybe

crane operator

Looks like a ATT shelter.About 54000 pounds maybe

This is one of the smaller buildings, its only 36,000 lbs. Most of them are the 54,000lbs ones. The really big ones will go close to 100,000lbs, but they don't use the heavy ones very often, just too expensive to haul and set.

mekon

I have a picture some where of a Verizon shelter tied to a lowboy and the delivery fella didn't quite make the turn in to the site.It had a pretty good lean towards the ditch and of course power lines over head so we all had to wait for a 60 ton recovery wrecker to help tip it up.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Multiple bent spots around that rim uncertain of how the localized funnel lip formed but can see happening due to internal pressure, maybe from landing after launched. By the Green Goo on tire and rim had some kind of flat prevention fluid inside, bead may not have been adequately lubed, cannot tell if might have added a tube to that tire and the bead was not seating so put full shop air on a tire rated at 30psi.

Side note, kid at the trucking company was repairing a recapped tire, had the boot inside and was airing it back up(11r22.5 trailer service), Cappers previous repair boot on Sidewall failed when at close to half inflation and sent the tire/rim across the shop against the rear duals of the truck that trailer was on. Had a cage, was not using it, are now for ALL inflations.

Last edited:

mekon

This is one of the smaller buildings, its only 36,000 lbs. Most of them are the 54,000lbs ones. The really big ones will go close to 100,000lbs, but they don't use the heavy ones very often, just too expensive to haul and set.
80000 pounds in a precarious situation.

Attachments

• 0807121148.jpg
    0807121148.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • 0807121207.jpg
    0807121207.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78

mekon

We never had a flat wide open area so crib up the Demag and back the trailer under the crane for a short radius.The truck driver did not have enough skill to back in a crooked narrow long drive so I had to do it.

Attachments

• 1030120855.jpg
    1030120855.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 1030120856.jpg
    1030120856.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 1030120857.jpg
    1030120857.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 59

mekon

Setting power poles in sensitive areas required frozen ground installation.The Demag cribbed up.It was a good time to walk under and inspect and lube the driveline.The pole was tagged out with a 844 wheel loader.

Attachments

• 0309130901.jpg
    0309130901.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 0309130734.jpg
    0309130734.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 61

crane operator

4 axle long wheelbase tractor with sleeper isn't the best for off the highway work. It does look like the corner wasn't near as tight if he would have been coming from the other direction.

We find ourselves transferring loads a lot from the over the road guys, to a short wheelbase truck and trailer, to get trucked in items into tight jobsites.

I will usually just tell the customer right up front that we aren't getting a over the road trucker into the site- and price in the transfer of load. I'd rather just swap it over right from the start as mess around and have a trailer in a ditch.

Truck Shop

It's pretty stupid to try tight maneuvering with a tractor that has way to much wheel base. Some loads
can be placed by unhooking and using a 210 WB. Most of this OTR which is 80K, anything over is considered
heavy haul, with these garbaged up pimped trucks is most certainly worthless.

But people who own that junk end up calling people like C. O.--it's good for his business.

skyking1

that is what I spotted in that picture, a trip around a few blocks and come at it with the left turn and way less drama.

crane operator

New peterbilts on their way to a customer. I've never seen a delivery guy with a set up quite like this. I suppose it saves a flight back home, having their own truck with them, but I'd think piggybacking still makes more sense. I guess it would save the cost of the wrecker to unpiggyback upon delivery also.

It wasn't much of a old trailer that they built it out of.

IMG_2275.JPG IMG_2277.JPG IMG_2276.JPG

crane operator

My guys undecked the top of this boat the other day, its headed to new york.

Glad I don't have to pull it- its 20' wide and probably 90' long.

Photo credit for the action shot goes to Impact- he's evidently got spies out looking for my work. :)

IMG_2346.JPG IMG_2347.JPG IMG_3479.JPG

crane operator

Somebody needs to buy this guy a real truck, so he can quit cosplaying in his pickup. Check out the wide mirrors to see past his single wheel flatbed. :rolleyes:

They got the rest of the curve signs again last weekend. One of the three got taken out early on the last installation, but they got the rest of them now.

Spotted a crop duster on the way home from church, it must be pretty potent stuff he's spraying, because the tank isn't very big. Tank was on the back of the trailer with the booms. He's got a pretty slick little trailer for hauling it around.

IMG_2360.JPG IMG_2361.JPG IMG_2362.JPG