• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

crane operator

Swapped out the factory oddball air hose quick connect for a milton. All hoses the same around the shop makes it easier to steal some air. That and we've been trying to get the air suspension straightened out yet, and its way easier to shop air it. I think I finally figured out the issue with the suspension, its the small valve in the last picture is hanging up. I tore it down and got it moving and everything seems fine now.

The horn stuck on in one of the fords, we had the steering box out, and I think someone gave the wheel a spin. Its a wonder the air bag didn't cross wires instead of the horn.

IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1739.JPG IMG_1745.JPG IMG_1747.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Every once in awhile luck out on a Last Day of the Week Job!!

Column mess looks fun!, And that is a Hanson Fitting as used in Commercial applications like Power Stations:D

Natman

I don't know for sure how many different types of air line fittings they are, (4 or 5, more?) but they always seem to be the wrong one, if trying to use another's tool on your line, or vice versa! My own for the last 40 years have been what I think are called 'type G", not sure about that, but I know with all my tools etc. I'm not going to switch now. I have a fitting on one of my air tanks, so I can run a nail gun off the truck's air system, every time I've offered that, when the carpenters had an issue with their compressor, wrong fittings!

Toolslinger

There is a "universal" female fitting that will take 5 different versions... It takes: Industrial, ARO, Lincoln, Tru-Flate, and European. Everything in my world runs on the Industrial. I ran into some folks with other versions at one shop I ran, and got sick of it, so I put a number of those universal fittings out around the shop. Told them if they were going to bring their own gear with odd fittings, then bring a hose. They worked perfectly well. No idea on their long term durability, I was only there a couple years.
I got mine through McMaster-Carr.

crane operator

New wheels at the shop. Its a f-550 2000or 2001 7.3 with 6speed 2wd. 160,000 miles or so. Its got 6th gear out in the transmission, and I think a bad injector. But it was priced right, so we'll do a little work on it.

I don't think this is the first truck the flatbed has been on, its pretty rusty so it will probably need a bed. Its got a add on vacuum pump and the system set up for a vacuum over hyd. gooseneck trailer. That will all come off.

IMG_1805.JPG

Hung outrigger boxes and pulled the jib off of this the other day. Its a 150 ton RT that a concrete company bare rented for a retaining wall job.

IMG_1778.JPG IMG_1780.JPG IMG_1782.JPG

crane operator

Got a lot of water running over the dam right now, its been raining quite a bit.

Did a little roofing project- its a flat roof, and they put all their trash in the fabric seed bags to fly it down. T

he broderson was headed out for a job. We've got all the old fuel burned out of it, and it is running pretty good, but something is up with the switching from gas to propane. Its just on a rocker switch in the cab, but I don't think its actually switching over to propane. One more thing on the to do list.

IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1809.JPG IMG_1810.JPG IMG_1811.JPG

colson04

On the gas to propane switch: the owners manual for my jlg says to turn off the gasoline valve and allow engine to burn all gas out. Then, with engine off, switch to propane and restart engine. I dont ever run propane on my lift, but I had some in the propane tank that came with machine. I tested out their method to make sure I know how to switch in case I want to. It worked, machine ran and then ran out of propane about 15 minutes later. I've never done it since.

crane operator

I'm not sure where I would turn the gas off to run it out. Its a two way toggle on the dash, one way lp, toggle the other way gas. If I wasn't so lazy I'd dig out the book and then I would really know. As it is- we just filled it up with boat gas and its headed out. Its all outdoors on this job, but I'm hoping the indoor job shows up for it- which I need to have the LP fixed for.....

crane operator

Rebar for a drilled pier. Nice looking Watson.

Unfortunately, I just got called yesterday, the cage has to come back out. Someone mismarked the hole, and its in the wrong spot. I don't know how they are getting the casing out, but I'm supposed to pull cage monday.

Stopped for supper at Braum's, and luckily beat a church bus there. Both because I didn't have to wait on them to order, and also that I didn't have to meet their driver in the parking lot, looks like he's been a little close to something. Because I dont' think that bumper passed a pretrip.

IMG_1828.JPG IMG_1829.JPG IMG_1835.JPG IMG_1837.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Quarries here bury the base of the screens in previous crushed rock to stick them in place, even the portables. Church bus looks more like a Prison van!! The driver had adequate tools to push that back some right in the parking lot, lamp standards.

Natman

That church bus bumper.....that right front corner is my biggest blind spot, and I did similar to my bumper, not quite as bad though. I need to get an extra camera for my existing backup camera screen to rectify that situation.

Old Doug

Looking at the water tower makes my neck hurt. I never liked jobs were it was so high or behind something that i couldnt see what was going on.

Old Doug

Looking at the water tower makes my neck hurt. I never liked jobs were it was so high or behind something that i couldnt see what was going on.

crane operator

that right front corner is my biggest blind spot,

The half round curved mirrors on the front of that bus should show that whole bumper. I'm calling it a driver error. But who knows, maybe some soccer mom hooked it in the parking lot before they left- and there's a chevy suburban with a tweaked rear bumper that matches it.

They put those front bumper mirrors on all the buses now, so the drivers can see a short kid that's right in front of the bus. They make a similar mount and mirror you could put on the front of your mack to see that.

IMG_1837_LI.jpg