• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Current Glut in supply is around a four month refining schedule according to family in Wood River IL. Product has once again begun moving in volumes and growing

AzIron

I have been working at the local tank farm off and on the last 2 months it's a lot busier now than a month and half ago but still a fair bit less than this time last year

There is only one aviation fuel pump there a month ago it was dead now its seeing a handful of trucks a day so I would say that's a good sign

crane operator

Precast floor panels. This project is going on hold because of the travel and vacation shutdown's. Its a worldwide vacation company and they decided to only build the first floor and then wait and see.

Largest panel I had around 10,500lbs gross. Around 95' away. I don't think I will be able to do the whole building, just the first three floors and I will be boom bound for the far pieces.

20200617_095927.jpg 20200617_095930.jpg 20200618_071705.jpg 20200617_121222.jpg

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Those photos remind me of the erector set I had as a kid. Next thing will be using Legos for buildings.

hvy 1ton

Next thing will be using Legos for buildings.

ICF anyone?
iu

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Work great until have a blowout, usually to the Inside, that and termites here love the stuff for invisible access.

Tried to find that as a Conventional Outer form ICF Interior but nobody as yet making such.

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I've been working on a hotel project that will be entirely precast - walls, beams, floors, etc. If we end up getting it I'm interested to see how it all goes together. In the contract docs is prepping 5 crane pads around the hotel as it's a sloping site.

DMiller - same here on the ICF's. ICF's are a no-go due to termites.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Little vermin LOVE that stuff, know two fairly recent homes ruined as could not tell they were engorging on the framing above the ICF.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Craneop I am not familiar with cranes. How does that green, yellow, red light bar work? I get what it's there for just interested in the inner workings.

crane operator

Steel beams in a basement. Lowrider framermobile with no exhaust- straight out the headers. And in the last picture you can see all the tapered wedges they had to make to even out the concrete. I bet the framers had great words about the concrete boys.

20200624_123201.jpg 20200624_130757.jpg 20200624_135834.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Concrete former using plastic bags for forms? Pour it too dry to flow it out?? That's pretty well unacceptable.

crane operator

The "christmas tree" is hooked into the LMI (Load Moment Indicator). The crane has a pressure transducer on the boom cylinder that shows/ calculates weight, a boom length from the reel, and boom angle from a angle sensor. It calculates out the "load moment" - i.e. weight on the hook vs capacity. It displays it as a scaling green lights as the load increases, yellow is in the "warning" area- typically after 85-90% of capacity. Red is limit- no go area.

At the red it will lock out the following functions- boom down, telescope out, and winch up. It will allow you to telescope in, winch down, and boom up which will all should gain you more chart or get rid of weight. The boom up being allowed is the dangerous one - it can get a guy in trouble because you may actually be gaining weight when standing a tank or such in boom up.