• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

crane operator

That's a beauty. Of course its only useful for that one job in your lifetime when you don't have any other options.

I think I'd be interested, if it came with the two guys to hang it and two young bucks to pull the chain. I bet that sucker would wear you out.

Mine haven't moved, I've been kinda busy with some other stuff, that and they kinda wore me out.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Gonna need more than two to run it, more like a set of hand off crews as slow as it would move!! We had a couple of 15 tonners at the nuke, used when NOTHING Else would work and Not often.

Tugger2

I lifted some generator ends into the the engine module of a 24 cyl Lng genset on the hook of a 125 ton P&H some years ago ,i wish id had that 25 ton chain block to level things up, in the end It all went well any how. But lining 55000lbs up on a bell housing with a conventional crane always makes you think of that itchy foot on the brake pedal for the hour or so them take to get it right.

Tugger2

Yes ,when you are up in the yukon and you ask has anyone got some big chain blocks and you just get blank looks its like well we ll just git er done Million dollar parts or not

crane operator

I was actually scheduled for the chillers, the generator was a "while you're here, the electricians want to set this monday". Like a quarter million generator just "shows up". I scrambled a little to come up with enough rigging with what I had with me, and got it rigged.

Shop air compressor has developed a strange sound. Torn down, the front and rear bearings are pretty rough. We don't use it enough- it develops a lot of moisture in the crankcase, which is the "root" cause.

I found the gasket set and have it ordered. Using the smaller compressor right now till this one is back up. Had to weld a bar to the rear bearing and use that to beat it out of the aluminum plate. The hardest was getting the pulley off the crank. Took a lot of heat and puller.

Interestingly enough, its the first time I've seen specs on the compressor. I bought it used 8-10 years back, and its been a good compressor. I had to contact the factory for gasket set, and then got the specs. Made in 1996. Supposed to put out 45cfm or so at 150psi. Its 10hp 3 phase, and while that's not sand blasting levels, its sure nice when I have the 1" gun hammering away on something. Hopefully new bearings and a gasket set will make it good as new.

20200424_153823.jpg 20200427_131712.jpg

petepilot

I was actually scheduled for the chillers, the generator was a "while you're here, the electricians want to set this monday". Like a quarter million generator just "shows up". I scrambled a little to come up with enough rigging with what I had with me, and got it rigged.

Shop air compressor has developed a strange sound. Torn down, the front and rear bearings are pretty rough. We don't use it enough- it develops a lot of moisture in the crankcase, which is the "root" cause.

I found the gasket set and have it ordered. Using the smaller compressor right now till this one is back up. Had to weld a bar to the rear bearing and use that to beat it out of the aluminum plate. The hardest was getting the pulley off the crank. Took a lot of heat and puller.

Interestingly enough, its the first time I've seen specs on the compressor. I bought it used 8-10 years back, and its been a good compressor. I had to contact the factory for gasket set, and then got the specs. Made in 1996. Supposed to put out 45cfm or so at 150psi. Its 10hp 3 phase, and while that's not sand blasting levels, its sure nice when I have the 1" gun hammering away on something. Hopefully new bearings and a gasket set will make it good as new.

View attachment 216685 View attachment 216684
workbench looks like mine