• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

petepilot

crane op. Im coming out to your part of the world in the next few days, coming to dover ark. to pick up another truck we bought there then up to kc kans.for an air compressor, looks like branson is due north of dover so i`m thinkin about coming up that way and look branson over, have been to every other big town in mo. except branson . maybe if timing works out might stop and say hello

crane operator

crane op. Im coming out to your part of the world in the next few days, coming to dover ark. to pick up another truck we bought there then up to kc kans.for an air compressor, looks like branson is due north of dover so i`m thinkin about coming up that way and look branson over, have been to every other big town in mo. except branson . maybe if timing works out might stop and say hello

Sounds great. I'll send you a private message with my number, call when you'll be around. What did you end up with for a second truck?

crane operator

Was really hot here last week, got a little rain sunday night and its been really nice the last 2 days. Which means its going to turn around and get hot again, but I'm going to enjoy it while its here.

Removed some really poor plastic enclosed tailights off the ford flatbed. It had some ground issues, and some wiring hanging issues. The hazards would kind of alternate flashing, like a patrol car.:)

20190717_084919.jpg 20190717_084923.jpg

crane operator

What do you do with a bunch of snaked up cable chokers? Why if you are a tight cheapskate like me, straighten them back out and go back to work.

This is my cable straightner, its just a flat bar into a angle iron with a foot pedal to push it down. Mounted to a couple of rims and a heavy top plate.

Grab the cable on each side of the bar, and bend it back opposite of the kinks and you can get them pretty decent. I can straighten up to 5/8" cable, any heavier cable and you can't hold it or get enough pressure on it to straighten it.

I've always been going to build a bigger unit that used hydraulic or a air bag to straighten the bigger ones, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

20190717_105749.jpg 20190717_105755.jpg 20190717_105808.jpg

crane operator

Flipped tanks again the other day, I've been leaving the 70 ton down at the tank facility, with the 100 ton I haven't needed it back in town for a while. After I flipped the 1st one, I had to move crane, and after I got pulled away, everyone was scurrying around.

A 5' black snake had made a home up in the frame rail of the crane, and decided to leave about the time I moved the crane. Probably better than me climbing underneath and mistaking him for a hyd hose. I haven't told my mechanic about it, if he knew he would never climb under it again. He does not like snakes, at all, not even a little, he whistles to himself in the weeds in the back yard, and swishes a stick around as he's walking.

20190717_124029.jpg 20190717_124032.jpg

crane operator

I had to set trusses sunday morning, it was hot. I used the mack, cause the 25 ton truck crane isn't running quite right. Did I mention it was hot out? It was really hot.

We haven't got around to putting the a/c window unit in, I asked the regular operator, and he said he likes his back window. But sunday I was wishing for the A/C.

He's always commenting on how squirrelly it is over the side, I was warm enough I didn't care and just boomed it down to set the 1st gable. It gets light but it will do chart.:)

20190721_071400.jpg 20190721_072023.jpg

crane operator

Pre built stair towers. Customer called and said "4-5,000 lbs, just 30-40' over there". Well I gave him my 35 ton crane rates, and then went and looked at the job. After looking at it, I gave him the 100 ton crane rates.

87' to the far one, and I was grossing 9,200lbs. 50' tall tower over the top of a 60' tall building.

20190722_092002.jpg 20190722_100722.jpg 20190722_101244.jpg 20190722_102908.jpg

crane operator

Set some small units today at wal-mart. I had the truck dock blocked, so no time for pictures except from the seat. Had just enough main to get them there and stay off the wall, the milk man was in a pretty big hurry to get out of the dock, so I'm glad we didn't have to take the time to put on jib.

Got back and had two deliveries, it was like christmas. Tires and rigging.

Tires are regrooves, a casing buyer I know regrooves the better cases he gets, and resells them. Some are just really good used, and he doesn't regroove them.

I got some 11r24.5 drives for the ford counterweight truck, some 425's for the steers (with a couple extra's as spares- Mack has floats up front also). And the rest are 255's for the dolly of the 100 ton and the lift axles of the ford counterweight truck project.

The rigging is all nylons, 1/2 round ups and 1/2 eye to eye flat straps. Reds, blue and orange round ups. 2 and 4 ply flat straps.

20190723_080955.jpg 20190723_154308.jpg 20190723_133237.jpg

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Did you break that 2x4 on the building swing that tower around :rolleyes:
Looks like their keeping you busy, good work!

crane operator

Did you break that 2x4 on the building swing that tower around :rolleyes:
Looks like their keeping you busy, good work!

Ha- I wish the tower would have fit between the building there. The two buildings sit on a angle to each other, so unfortunately I had to take both towers over the top and to the far side, and then bring them back in. It looked to me like they hooked the board with their manlift.

Also- you'd think a former carpenter would know that's bigger than a 2x4. :)

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Tail Lights appear to be the Old Style Betts explosion proof they installed on Propane, Bottle Gases or Gasoline haulers. Most are switching to Peterson style LEDs now, just requires a different flasher.

crane operator

In other news that makes me smile,

I've been having soft white bimbo this week:

20190724_185124.jpg

I think my endless comments (imagine all the juvenile comments you can think of, and apply a multiplier) about it around the house, have meant that it is the last time we will see "soft white bimbo" at our house. So I'm making the most of it.