• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just so nobody feels bashful about looking stupid in front of everybody else

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Like the name of the thread says, just so nobody feels bashful about looking stupid in front of everybody else....

Look what I did one time.... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 5802.jpg
    5802.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,194

BRL

Nice!! Can't say I've done that, so yea, for now you can be the embarrassed guy ;) :p

How much damage did you do getting it out? Hopefully it wasn't too bad.

donlang

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner- full service excavating firm
Digger: I'm glad that I know that your posted photo is an old one..........real old...........we have become wiser and certainly more experienced since then! :)

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I actually got it out without doing any damage.

The area between the overdig around the house and the hill I was standing on to take the picture was only a little wider than the machine. Even though you can't really see it in the picture, it also had a slight slope toward the house. Needless to say, it was *really* greasy back there. My intent was to back in as far as I needed to, and use the hoe to pull dirt from the hillside and backfill the house with it, working my way out. Once I got back that far every move I made, either forward or backward, caused the front wheels to slide a little further toward the house.

To get it out I had to go get a skidloader. I cut a notch in the hillside opposite the front bucket long enough to back the skidder into. We chained the skidder to the front loader arm. I swung the hoe all the way to the side and chained it off to a decent sized tree. With a coordinated effort, the skidder pulled the front and the hoe pulled the back. It was greasy enough that it slid sideways right up out of the hole with no damage to either house or machine.

As far as being wiser and more experienced, Yeah, I'm more experienced--I know how to pull a 580 sideways out of a house foundation. Wiser, I don't know...
:)

Prosno

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner of Creative Landscapes
I seen that done with a Lull, ripped a hole in the house and took an excavatore to get him out.

paulsoccodato

Charter Member
Occupation
contractor
dont feel bad,

i almost put my Ls-170 into a customers pool, sliding down a hill last year (another 7 feet or so and i was in),

from then on, i have never run that machine in the dirt, without the tracks on it.

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
no pic but ill share one of my good stories..

friday night working out of town puttin mainline in

everyone had went home but me and 2 labors.

running a 410se deere back filling bout 930 at night.
ready to go home.. put number 8 stone in the trench.running up on the gravel pile scooping loads and dumping wif out slowing down..most of pile gone.. didnt get my bucket uncurled enuff and it just so happen to float up on top of the pile of gravel.. at the same time the side of the pile blew out.. and over i go.. no one around but my labors.. im sittin there pissed off and embaressed.. just so happen the track ho had already been moved down teh road to the directional bore machine was setting up. so i was looking around trying to fiqure out what i was gonna do.. happen to notice the construction site across the road had a new cat track ho.. so i borrowed there ho for a fet mins.. set the 410 back on rubber and finished the job..

payton