1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Just read some sad news

Discussion in 'Gone But Not Forgotten' started by Welder Dave, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Mike L

Mike L Senior Member

Self employed field mechanic
    Losing my first black lab boo was the hardest death I ever dealt with. She got bit by a couple different ticks and ended up with what the vet called the trifecta. Lyme disease, erlichea, and antiplasmosis. She was always high energy and when she quit eating was the first clue. Vet thought she had a stomach bug so we gave her pepto and it worked for a week or so. Quit eating again and it was in for blood tests when we found the real problem. She lasted about a month longer and I fed her chicken broth with a large syringe thing. I kept telling the vet not to keep her alive for me. Vet said “ look at her. She’s not quitting yet” well quitting ain’t my style either so I basically handed the vet a credit card and we kept trying. One night the dog came over and put her head in my lap and we both knew it was over. I took all 35 lbs of her in the next morning and put her down. Vet gave her the first shot to relax her. While that was setting in boo locked eyes with me and we said our goodbyes. Vet gave her the shot to put her down and she never lost eye contact until she shut them. I’m not ashamed to say I cried a good plenty over that dog. It’s been 6 years and I still feel guilty for not catching it sooner.

2. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    And then there is this one:
    chad.jpg
    No that is not a dead dog! just a crazy Greyhound who likes to sleep in all kinds of strange positions!

DMiller, Tinkerer and RollOver Pete like this.