1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Just bought a Deere 333E

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by Ray450, Apr 5, 2018.

1. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    Do you need another copy of the manuals to download them?

2. terex herder

terex herder Senior Member

Before you buy a grapple, look at the Faver grapple. The tines are AR400 and don't have tie bars across the front. I've worked mine plenty hard in concrete as well as trees/brush, and haven't bent a tine yet.

3. Ray450

Ray450 Active Member

Police Officer and offroad race promoter
    That would be great. I guess I need to open and copy them to a file to save them? Raynval@aol.com

4. hmearth

hmearth Well-Known Member

Ray450 if you change you hyd oil out to 10w68 your JD will work better i did mine about a 100 hrs and it was like i had a new machine

5. Ray450

Ray450 Active Member

If at all possible, I'd love you to send them to me again. Raynval@aol.com

6. ianjoub

ianjoub Senior Member

I have 2 attachments from https://skidpro.com/ They are both VERY WELL constructed. I have a high flow forestry mulcher and an 84" rock grapple.

I just sold a rock grapple from another mfg. that was a POS. Skid pro was more than twice the money, but well worth it.

Ask for Dick in sales.

I have no affiliation, just a happy customer.

7. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    I will email you them .

8. Joe Fick

Joe Fick Well-Known Member

I used to own a 333E n now have a 333G if you have any questions etc holler. I run alot of John deere tractors n ctls

9. Ray450

Ray450 Active Member

Finally bought a gooseneck and can haul this thing. It's been throwing a code since I've owned it, "2950.05 , Suction Air Throttle Actuator , out of range low", I have not been able to find any info on what to do to fix it. Accelerator pedal also seems to be not working well, I usually just set the throttle with the knob. I called two local dealers, both said they would get back to me about that code and never did. This thing goes thru a lot of hydraulic fluid and I can't seem to track the leaks, although I know where the oil is leaking, drain bolt connection to the outside port. Anyway, I plan on taking it to a dealer. I'm between three dealers, Terrell, Sulphur Springs and Mckinney Tx. The one in Terrell is small and is listed for just Ag equipment, but they said they service the yellow Deeres as well. Never been to Sulphur Springs, probably 10 mins further, also does not sell yellow. The one in Mckinney is by far the biggest and deals with yellow and green Deeres, but is probably 30-45mins further away. Any recommendations?

10. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Maybe this will help.

Attached Files:

11. Ray450

Ray450 Active Member

Thanks, I'll play around with that and see if I can figure it out. There is a huge amount of dirt in the bottom of the engine/pump compartment. I've scraped out several buckets of dirt, and many hoses/components are buried, making finding leaks very difficult. I've been hesitant to remove all the covers on the bottom and clean it out with a pressure washer. Good or bad Idea? Obviously I'd try to avoid getting close to electrical components.

12. Joe Fick

Joe Fick Well-Known Member

ive power washed mine it didnt hurt anything i had dropped all the belly pan pieces n got to washing i think i spent 2 hours cleaning mine out at 500 hours but it had alot of leaves in it scince i do alot of land clearing and extreme dusty enviroment

13. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Joe's right. Power washing won't hurt it. Just don't spray the controllers on the side. There are small steel lines on the bottom and being buried in dirt, especially damp dirt, they like to rust then leak.

14. JNB

JNB Senior Member

Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
    I've never had good luck with ag dealers that also service the construction side. It's a bit of a drive for you, but I'd give RDO a call. Everything Deere Const, I see around here has one of their logos on it.

15. Ray450

Ray450 Active Member

Managed to find one of the problems, a broken wire on the Air throttle. Looks like the cab strut hit the harness connector and took out a wire, and scrubbed up another. Will have to solder later, but was able to connect it and was not getting the code anymore. It also almost immediately went into a cycle for the emissions, even though it's showing "low soot". It was staying at 1800 rpm, and I think I had read somewhere you shouldn't shut down if it starts, but I had to pick up a kid at daycare, so I had to shut it down after giving it 20 minutes. Never found the hydraulic leak, but got most of the dirt out of the bottom and put in a new battery. I need to spray it out good later, but was running out of time and it was cold. Might not have to take it in now, but funny you said that about RDO, because mine has a big RDO sticker on it as well. None of the Deere dealers ever did get back with me.

16. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Oil leaks are nature of the beast unless its streaming out. Oil is cheap. Keeps the frame from rusting.

Get familiar and registered with jdparts.com and call your orders in or Google part numbers for online deals.

My jd service manager won't tell me how to diagnose anything just pay him $125/hr service calls so I don't go out of my way to support them on parts.

Try not to buy a attachment from oem dealer too much markup. Do some digging online and find your closest quality aftermarket attachment mfg. Co.

Here it is aim or werkbrau or tag
    I've beat the tar out of a aim grapple, still works fine.

https://aimattachments.com/?gclid=C...c3EHXua-VTir4dEaOcUVurY7rVyE0ZMxoClpAQAvD_BwE

17. dwreck

dwreck Member

Hi all,
    Not to butt in but this looked like a good place to start. We just got a 2014 jd 333e with 2800 hrs, we put up a home and now need to clear some acreage. quick question is there any place to get operating and service manuals as mine didn't come with anything and this is my first run with a CLT, theres a lot of buttons and switches on these things. Any help is appreciated.

18. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Other than new from Deere the only other place to go would eBay to see if anyone has used ones for sale.

19. dwreck

dwreck Member

I haven't seen anything yet on ebay, I was hoping there was alternative to going to dealer. How about place to get parts (online)? Any recomondations?

20. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    What is your email address? I can email you the manuals .