• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

just a little demo job i started today

handtpipeline

Occupation
Utility Contractor
This is a little demo job I started today. I don't do many demo's anymore (the last one was a year ago November)

skiatookhousedemo002.jpg

skiatookhousedemo003.jpg

skiatookhousedemo006.jpg

handtpipeline

Occupation
Utility Contractor
How much time do you need to complete that job? Is it by the hour or total cost bid? How many loads will you need to clean it all up?

Good pictures. Thanks.

If I had used dumpsters (30 yd), and they kept them changed out, I could have done it in 1 day. Or if we had used multiple dumptrucks or end dumps. Since we didn't have anything else going on, we just used our dumptruck the first 2 days, then our truck and one other today. Ended up taking 2 1/2 days that way. It was about 24 or 25 loads, and the trucks took from 30 to 45 minutes a trip most of the time.

This one was bid, it was right at $5,500.00 total price.

handtpipeline

Occupation
Utility Contractor
house looks like it was in pretty bad shape.

It was in bad shape. Nobody knows exactly how old it was, but we were told that part of it was there in 1918. It started out as just a few rooms, and was built onto many times over the years. It still looked pretty sturdy, but in the first set of pics, there was only about an hours time lapse between the pics of the house still standing, and the pic of my hoe sitting on top of the pile of rubble... So you can see that it wasn't very sturdy anymore.

special tool

Hey, isn't it great when those phone line gangers leave those lines 3 feet off the deck?
Don't you want to choke them after having something else to worry about all day.:Banghead

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Thanks for sharing the pics, nice job with the clean up.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Nice job. Clean, neat and efficient. I have watched a few demo videos on the net where the operator really doesn't have a clue about demo. They start pulling the walls out away from the structure instead of keeping the demo debris in the center for quicker clean-up, just causing more work in the end.

Just curious, what's the gate rate at the landfill? Per CY or ton?

handtpipeline

Occupation
Utility Contractor
Hey, isn't it great when those phone line gangers leave those lines 3 feet off the deck?
Don't you want to choke them after having something else to worry about all day.:Banghead

Yeah, especially on these small lots like this. Not a lot of room to maneuver, especially when you have trees that they want undisturbed to work around too. Thats one thing I like about having this PC200. It's big enough to do a lot of the work we do, but at the same time it's a lot handier on congested sites than a 300 size machine is. I've torn down quite a few with our PC300, and our CASE 170C (same size as a 300) and the combination of the extra tailswing and longer boom and stick can make it interesting in small places.

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
Nice job handtpipeline.:D

Looks real clean when you got done. Are they building a new house in place of the old one?

handtpipeline

Occupation
Utility Contractor
Nice job. Clean, neat and efficient. I have watched a few demo videos on the net where the operator really doesn't have a clue about demo. They start pulling the walls out away from the structure instead of keeping the demo debris in the center for quicker clean-up, just causing more work in the end.

Just curious, what's the gate rate at the landfill? Per CY or ton?

I've seen guys do these things where they had debris scattered all over the lot. Not a very efficient way of doing it in my opinion. I usually pull the first corner out, if I have room. Then use that as a ramp to get up onto the pile as I pull the rest of the structure into the middle. It doesn't take long doing it this way, to get it all piled and densified (crunched up into little pieces). I've also seen guys, especially if they have a thumb on the machine, just grab bunches of the debris and load it big pieces and all. That takes up a lot more space in the container (dumpster, dumptruck...etc), causing more loads.

I'm not sure on the landfill rate. The last dumpsters we used were $350 a dumpster (30 yds), so I'm figuring it's by the CY. It's been years since we've hauled into the landfill with our trucks. This job, we had a place to dump where someone had hauled a bunch of dirt out of a pasture at some time or another, and since there was no asbestos or anything hazardous in this house, we were allowed to dump all this at that location, where they're trying to fill in the hole and re-claim the land.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I've seen guys do these things where they had debris scattered all over the lot. Not a very efficient way of doing it in my opinion. I usually pull the first corner out, if I have room.

I agree. Here is a thread about my last two demos. The second house was a nail biter, the white house next door was $750K.

Another demo that was tight and I used the loader. That was an interesting demo in a dangerous part of town.:cool2