• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Junkyard's work thread.....maybe haha

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Pretty much true on the nothing new, Ford and independents have been removing cabs to work heads on 6.0, 6.4 even the late 7.3 engines as was faster than working under the hood. Late model GMs I have heard are as bad or worse on the Duramax.

First time I was in the local Ford dealer and saw a four door pickup with the body jacked up I could not believe it but then they told me that it actually took very little work, at least on newer trucks with no rusty bolts to deal with!

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
they told me that it actually took very little work, at least on newer trucks with no rusty bolts to deal with!

It probably takes little work the second time, after you learn what wiring harness tears in two that you did not see to disconnect the first time, but I don't know, I haven't passed up the year model 1997 yet.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Agreed. Once you done it...not so bad. Seems like a bass ackward way of doing it but that’s the world we live in!

On another note.....site sure is on edge tonight. Some tension on other threads. Do we all need a group hug or something?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
So we helped my sis move today. I’ve been hanging out upstairs with my boys and nephew. We started listening to music. Mostly newer crap. I said give me the phone....here’s the playlist

Robin Trower-Bridge of Sighs
Hendrix-Voodoo Child
Led Zeppelin-Immigrant Song
AC/DC-Let there be Rock
Ted Nugent-Stranglehold and Great White Buffalo
Peter Frampton-Do You Feel Like We Do (full 14 minutes)
The Godz-Gotta Keep a Runnin
Iron Maiden-Powerslave
Santana-Soul Sacrifice (live from Woodstock)
Motörhead-Ace of Spades
Black Sabbath-The Wizard

They are now fully indoctrinated and may actually have a chance in this world!!!

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Rock is dead. Country died a long time ago.

I have been watching a guy called Rick Beato on Youtube. Goes into modern music history and theory and why it really is awful today. The measurement he uses is the ability of a rock band to sell out an arena worldwide. It just doesn't happen any more. Rock stations closing down, changing format to something I don't care to listen to.

But it is understandable. The guitar only has 6 strings. Country ran 50 years, rock ran 50 years, overlapping.

Makes me feel old, stating that rock is dead but it really is.

petepilot

Rock is dead. Country died a long time ago.

I have been watching a guy called Rick Beato on Youtube. Goes into modern music history and theory and why it really is awful today. The measurement he uses is the ability of a rock band to sell out an arena worldwide. It just doesn't happen any more. Rock stations closing down, changing format to something I don't care to listen to.

But it is understandable. The guitar only has 6 strings. Country ran 50 years, rock ran 50 years, overlapping.

Makes me feel old, stating that rock is dead but it really is.
does any one band play actual music anymore? they all make a helluva lot of noise

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
My old pastor, God rest his soul, said he did not mind these newfangled bands (this was the 1990s) so long as they made something like music, but he said some of them just sound like trash can lids banging together.

I remembered that line all through the years, and apply it when I see fit.

Trouble is, you can hardly find 2 metal trash can lids to bang together anymore, these days....

StanRUS

Truck question, do gland hands have to face rearwards (parallel with frame) when pulling a trailer?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
We swapped an IMT 180 to the low clearance attachment yesterday. It’s not a terrible job but it takes about half a day....

B84FE89D-3C43-4914-83B2-975CD621F9C1.jpeg 056ACB86-CF03-438B-A273-A0DCD979218B.jpeg D97AD297-AC1E-4E07-AD64-869CFE64ECFC.jpeg A4C0A169-79B9-4E07-A7C8-B3366B4B9D28.jpeg

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Can I get a couple more pictures of that flatbed in the background? Looks close to what I've been planning in my head for the last year or so.

The one on the dodge? Yeah he lives couple miles from me, I’ll snap some for you when I see him next.