• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Junkyard's work thread.....maybe haha

dirty4fun

I know just what you are saying, you want it fixed but not by some tech who walks up and gets in fixed in no time at all. Sometimes just walking away from something and coming back will help you see things differently. Being there and learning from a tech will help you on the next problem. Good luck, keep the white stuff there, please.

Truck Shop

I had a wonderful day you can relate to Junkyard. Replacing exhaust manifold on 14L Series 60 and five manifold bolts snapped off in the head.
Spent most of the day drilling them out, two were in the back not easy to see or get to.

Truck Shop

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I had a wonderful day you can relate to Junkyard. Replacing exhaust manifold on 14L Series 60 and five manifold bolts snapped off in the head.
Spent most of the day drilling them out, two were in the back not easy to see or get to.

Truck Shop

Ugh. It’s been awhile since I’ve had to deal with a bunch of broke off bolts......knock on wood! Last deal like that were the hardened dowels in the Watson 3100 rotaries. They tend to snap off and short of a diamond idk how in the world you can drill them!

Good news today, I got the part for the Soilmec I ordered on a hunch. I couldn’t explain why I thought it was the culprit but for some reason my gut said it was. I swapped it out today and damned if it wasn’t the guilty piece! 10 codes all stemming from this one module. Too complicated for drilling a hole in the ground!!

Old on left. The slight swelling of the case combined with a somewhat related code is what lead me to it....

21DF0898-5365-465F-AE9B-B17526C7FC0C.jpeg 02E55A1F-17ED-48B1-934E-28AA82886471.jpeg

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The color on the paper of 1234 would make me suspicious. Got catch on a hunch. How expensive was that particular piece of high tech?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I’m not sure what the dealer charged us. I found them for sale through other sources for a few hundred. Dandy little piece of tech that shouldn’t be anywhere near a drill rig!

Tags

Not to offend anybody that’s a lawyer, but you can probably think a lawyer for all the electronics switches and gizmos that are there to protect “us“. Also, let’s not forget to leave out all the “sue happy” people too. All that electronic crap to drill a hole, push a mountain over, dig a foundation, or move earth from point A to point B, kinda depressing.....

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Not to offend anybody that’s a lawyer, but you can probably think a lawyer for all the electronics switches and gizmos that are there to protect “us“. Also, let’s not forget to leave out all the “sue happy” people too. All that electronic crap to drill a hole, push a mountain over, dig a foundation, or move earth from point A to point B, kinda depressing.....

It’s certainly a cause of the redundant warnings and safety features. Some of them you have to ask yourself, “what the heck happened that necessitated that warning?”

Darwin’s theory at work if you ask me.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Almost as putting a Caution on a hammerhead, "Do Not Strike one's self with this device, can cause serious harm"!!

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Soilmec hasn’t gone back to work but it will be soon. The IMT I sent to the KC job will come to Joplin and have the low clearance attachment installed for a powerline job. Two holes in some HARD rock.

Big IMT acted up today. I think it’s something to do with the ground level kill switch.

Here’s a pup update. He was trying to talk me into sharing my pringles. That didn’t happen :)

He’s up to a whopping 24 pounds.

0AA68C08-4F2D-40FC-A5A2-F25126BDB253.jpeg