• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Junkyard's work thread.....maybe haha

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I think it was Big Jake. My old heeler heard dog more than he heard his name. He knew my tone more than anything.

crane operator

Junkyard's work thread- what kind of nonsense is that- I never see any pictures of him actually working.

I headed over there myself and caught him in the act, and got a picture for proof.

Actually, I owe junkyard a big one guys, he came through for me with a counterweight from a old crane he's repurposing, and I can repurpose his counterweight. Thanks for all the help junkyard, I appreciate it.

And about that lawn ornament I left in your yard- I'll try to get over there early next week.

And before anyone jumps on him, he's just preheating here- he put his welding jacket, hard hat, safety vest and glasses, and face shield on before he actually started cutting. (After he burned all the hair off his arm).

20180825_120244.jpg

crane operator

And that dog he keeps posting pictures of, is a barking chasing chewing bundle of fun, all the things a heeler should be, and a keeper. He looks big in the pictures, but I think I could fit him in my boot.

He's got a spot on his back about 4" around that looks like someone chased him down with a black paint spray can.

So my naming vote is "Rattle Can". "Rattler" for short if you wish.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Now everybody is going to expect me to work!!

I’ll take the yard ornament off your hands. I have a soft spot for them :)

Glad I could help!

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Worst part is I’ve done this particular check many times. I had the plug loose for awhile and figured it had released all the pressure. Worse yet is I was replacing the damn thing because the corners were all rounded and it wouldn’t hold an Allen socket anymore. Had to weld a nut on it.

I swear it was a solid three count from the time I pulled the plug until it shot me!

sled dog

Worst part is I’ve done this particular check many times. I had the plug loose for awhile and figured it had released all the pressure. Worse yet is I was replacing the damn thing because the corners were all rounded and it wouldn’t hold an Allen socket anymore. Had to weld a nut on it.

I swear it was a solid three count from the time I pulled the plug until it shot me!
Ah yes Jeff, we have all been there. It's what we refer to as P S O. Pressure Squirting Out. Find it with fuel, oil, coolant, hydraulic, gear lube, or sometimes when you least expect it, after bad Chinese or Mexican food...

dirty4fun

Wow looks like your dog is very upset, about something. Got to love a dog. I had a Doberman who would lay like that on the couch, then fart. He would look around, I swear it was like he was trying to see who did that.