• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Joystick button description

jey_c

PPC_BUTTON.jpg
Anybody knows the use or possible use of the three button and the slider of this joystick, it has also a button that can be activated with the index finger on the front side of the lever. This is the left hand joystick of a PC350-8 and it has of course a similar joystick on the right hand. On the rifht hand joystick the bottom button is for horn. By the way the machine has a right pedal for breaker and the button of both joystick do not activate the breaker.

Shimmy1

The slider toggle is for auxiliary hydraulics. On my Case, the top button activates the hydraulics one way if you are using a hammer. I can't say what the middle button would be for. Also on my Case, the front button on the right is a intermittent button for the wiper, the front button on the left is the radio mute button, which is an absolutely fantastic function.

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
Buttons are for what there wired,for the slider is for use with an variable flow system.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The buttons are on / off circuits while the rockers now days are for variable speeds. I haven't worked on a Dash 8 but most all handles on the machine I have worked on are now PWM or a type of digital control. PWM is pulse width modulation. If you want a thumb control that has feel or speed control these are the neatest things.