• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere Engine Codes

Drifter

Fault codes 903,480,and 475 are showing up on my 648 G111 skidder. It wont hardly go and makes a squealing sound sometimes. Ive replaced the turbo but did not fix the problem.

480- Water in fuel detected
475- Fuel De-rate code. (Always comes on with another code)
F903- Fuel level sensor input bight. (Wiring open or short to ground)

DWR1949

Has anyone had an issue with a 450J that the engine cranks over but won't start and there is no display on the monitor? I have checked battery voltage and all fuses I could locate with no results. All fuses are good. The dozer set for three weeks and this is the first issue I have had with it (it has 750 hrs. and warranty expired in September). It is getting voltage to everything but the monitor. The fan, work lights and everything else I've checked has voltage. I disconnected the batteries thinking it may reboot but it didn't turn the monitor display on. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

partsandservice

Does the monitor show nothing? Is the engine ECM powering up. I seem to recall the fuse for the engine ECM is in a individual fuse holder near the rear of the alternator. The transmission controller should give you a CAN code if the monitor or engine computer is off line.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
We had one that did that .check all wires that run from engine ecu up to monitor. It should be a red wire.the one we had ,wire was broken internally .ohm them out .

DWR1949

Thank you toolking and partsandservice. I will check both your suggestions in a couple days as we are currently having torrential rains & heavy flooding in Oklahoma.
We had one that did that .check all wires that run from engine ecu up to monitor. It should be a red wire.the one we had ,wire was broken internally .ohm them out .

After returning to woods I am getting more engine codes and derate. F560, F528 which I have no description for. And F435,F438, and F437 these are related to the position sensors, one saying no signal from crank position and I believe the other two are a result of the first. Thanks in advance for your help. Oh yea, F475 which tells me the the engine is derating, just not the circuit at fault specifically.
How do you fix the f475 code? What is the f413 code?

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
If your running a log skidder
F475 it indicates a problem with B7 Left Track Motor Speed Sensor. a open circuit, shorted circuit, or no feed back is indicated. Do not attempt calibration. See diagnostic trouble codes.
F413 it indicates that at least one of the sensor voltage wires is less than 4.75 volts or more than 5.25 volts. A open circuit, shorted circuit, or no feed back is indicated. Do not attempt calibration. See diagnostic trouble codes.

If your running a log skidder
F475 it indicates a problem with B7 Left Track Motor Speed Sensor. a open circuit, shorted circuit, or no feed back is indicated. Do not attempt calibration. See diagnostic trouble codes.
F413 it indicates that at least one of the sensor voltage wires is less than 4.75 volts or more than 5.25 volts. A open circuit, shorted circuit, or no feed back is indicated. Do not attempt calibration. See diagnostic trouble codes.
They skidder don' have a track motor.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
In a 648G III code
F475 (001569.31) — Fuel De-rate
F413 (000100.01) — Engine Oil Pressure Extremely
Low

thardister

I am having a problem with a 2005 648 GIII skidder. It just had a engine rebuild 1 week ago and run fine for 4 days but then the copper washer broke on 1 injector so we changed it and after that it sounded fine but would bog down when you put it in a pull up a hill and slows to a crawl, only code is F477. We have tried everything that we know to try, here is a list of most of what we have done. Put all new injectors, changed fuel filters and air filters, blowed through fuel line back to tank, I think the problem is related to the boost and not fuel because we unhooked 1 boost line and it didn’t change anything still run the exact same with the line off, so we bypassed the aftercooler because thought it might be cracked but that didn’t work either. What could my problem be?

partsandservice

Only recalling from memory so..
F477 security violation usally there is a f475 detate code along with f477.
Has the engine ecu been changed out with another for diagnostic purposes? Does your engine have the injectors under the rocker cover?

thardister

Only recalling from memory so..
F477 security violation usally there is a f475 detate code along with f477.
Has the engine ecu been changed out with another for diagnostic purposes? Does your engine have the injectors under the rocker cover?
Yes it is throwing code F475 to, i was incorrect on my post. No there hasn’t been any ecu change, and the injectors are beside the valve cover not under it and it has the pencil style injectors and a electronic fuel pump. Also it was running fine when the copper washer broke on the injector, it just started ticking a little bit but still had normal power but as soon as we fixed that it started this problem.

partsandservice

I will have to verify the F477 description. When the F475 is present the engine is not operating at full horsepower. Help me understand which copper washer you are talking about. I cannot recall any copper washers on the pencil type injectors.

thardister

F1EE8512-0C03-4772-8247-D8AD8B956E6F.png
I will have to verify the F477 description. When the F475 is present the engine is not operating at full horsepower. Help me understand which copper washer you are talking about. I cannot recall any copper washers on the pencil type injectors.
It might not be copper it might just look like it, it is the green washer on this injector, it’s the one right under the pressure line. Also when the washer broke it felt like exhaust coming out around it but from what I read online that washer holds in compression so I didn’t think much more about it.

Last edited: