• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 950j dozer wiring issues

looneytunes

Occupation
Excavation
The wire numbers going in load center or main circuit board -fuse box on the side of machine is not matching wire numbers from john deere schematics even with the different serial numbers. Has anybody run into this with john deere? This is a Liebherr machine. I was wondering how i could get or if i could get the right schematics for it. Thanks for any input.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Yep, lost in translation. I'm curious. A specific circuit? Serial number? Wire numbers you are looking at vs the schematic.

looneytunes

Occupation
Excavation
Yes sir, this 950 got me turning circles. The JD dealership printed me the schematics on the lock circuit, fuel gauge circuit, and wiper circuit that ones im having trouble with. Those schematics have 2 different serial numbers which are a little bit different on wire numbers on the actual. The actual wire numbers on the schematics, with my serial number, dont match very many wires at all that im looking at going into the load center. This is the first time i have encountered this not to say i do this all the time. Im up against the wall on this dude. I put a jumper wire across the park lock circuit so i could run the machine. A month or so passed and the fuel gauge and other instruments stopped and wont take a fuse then a little after that the wiper stopped and wont take a fuse. I kinda fill like this may be related to me jumping that circuit but i dont know that. I do know that i dont want to run it out of fuel because its a bitch to bleed and start. Its got a high pressure bleed and come to find out that wont work with that park lock circuit jumped. Thanks for ur input.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
We have schematics, and we have wiring diagrams. Both are showing the same wire numbers as far as I can tell.
What specifically is the machines issue?
Check your PM's.

Last edited:

looneytunes

Occupation
Excavation
There is problems with park lock, wiper, and fuel circuits because none will work. The load center was taken out and looked at and not real sure a couple wires were put in the right place in the load control when put back in. Thats when i noticed the wire numbers dont match what the schematics are showing. I think a couple wires are matching but majority of em do not.