• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 862B scraper

Pryde Inglis

Hi new to this forum, just looking for some help finding parts for a John Deere 862B scraper torque converter, I’m based in Melbourne, Australia and information and parts are limited. Any help would be very much appreciated

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Pryde;)!

Deere no longer offers parts for those, so unfortunately, I have no answer for you. You will most likely have to shop used equipment parts suppliers. Or maybe google search your particular part number (Deere lists 2 different converters, depending on your serial) to see what comes up.

Questionable wizard

What is wrong with your TC? Unless the stator and rotor have interference wear from rubbing on each other from loose bearings, or there was a catastrophic breakdown, they can be rebuilt.

Pryde Inglis

Thank you guys for your reply’s, nothing major wrong in TC apart from wear on output shaft which was causing loss of pressure, all bearings etc look ok just would like to replace them while we have it dismantled.
I ordered and payed for parts from an Australian after market supplier 8 months ago but still not arrived, he has been avoiding my calls and refusing to give any details on when they will be here!
Just looking for some contact details for suppliers in US who can supply seal kits etc. if I can’t get a replacement shaft we can possibly make a new one.
Parts suppliers here in Oz are limited and when it’s older they throw it in the “to hard basket”

Welder Dave

Could the shaft be metalized (spray welded) and machined back to size. I had the main shaft on the rotary swing cylinder on my backhoe repaired this way for about $300. It is splined on one end and even if it was available new would have cost a fortune. It was leaking because it was worn by a seal. I think they spray welded a higher hardness steel so it will last longer.

Pryde Inglis

Welder Dave shaft could be re built, I need to do a bit more leg work on the seals and bearings, there is no actual part numbers on the parts, just John Deere part numbers from parts book and they are discontinued,

Pryde Inglis

Torque converter is not manufactured by JD, I have tried to track down the original manufacturer but they have sold out to another company and no part numbers to cross reference