• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 844

BobH52

Occupation
Retired
We have an old John Deere 844 loader.
It isn't charging and I can't find the fuse box. And don't have a wiring diagram for the charging system.
Is there anyone here that is familiar with this machine.
The serial number is. DW0844B518960. I don't know the year. Thanks in advance for any help.

Diesel Dave

For future reference if nothing else .Screen shot is from the operators manual on the Deere C&F Bookstore site. No mention of the charge circuit at the fuse panel.
How many hours on the old girl. Are you still running the Deere V8 or has it been converted to something else ?
upload_2023-1-17_0-28-57.jpeg

Last edited:

BobH52

Occupation
Retired
For future reference if nothing else .Screen shot is from the operators manual on the Deere C&F Bookstore site. No mention of the charge circuit at the fuse panel.
How many hours on the old girl. Are you still running the Deere V8 or has it been converted to something else ?
View attachment 277933
Thanks, I'll look under the dash. I had a youg guy look under there once and he said nothing there.( I had a broken at the time) and hard to move around )
It has the V8. I don't know how many hours are on it. It spent a lot of time in a coal mine brfore it came to us. We sometimes used it on construction. A guy may want to buy it and we need one a bit smaller so I'm just trying to get it to charge.